Lt. Commander
# 41
04-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charax1985
Shame the Odyssey packs are exempt, I'd have bought those in a second.

Still, time to spend all that Dil I was grinding
Agreed. The only ship I want to buy and it's exempt. Oh well, no sale here.

And would have used cash.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
i have to admit that I'm in the "I wish i had known about it a head of time" camp. I live off of 2 checks a month, one on the 3rd and the other on the 26th. I doubt that I would have spent any more money on STO but it would have been nice to have had the option.

Most department stores are always running a sale. It would be abnormal for them not to be running something. I'd like to think of it more like a high end jewelry store who only has a sale maybe twice a year and, yes, they promote it a head of time. I know the store I bought my ex's ring from, I;m still on their mailing list and I still get postcards from them announcing upcoming sales.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Just curious, in what other walk of life are people getting advance warning of sales with such regularity that they come to expect it from STO?

I know that whenever any of the online retailers I use for various things have a sale, they don't tell me beforehand - they send an email out when it's happening, but I get no advance warning that, for example, Play or Amazon or Steam is having a sale, and if I bought something beforehand at the previous price, tough.

I can't remember the last time ANY business telegraphed in advance they were having a sale, why do people expect it from PWE?
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charax1985
Just curious, in what other walk of life are people getting advance warning of sales with such regularity that they come to expect it from STO?

I know that whenever any of the online retailers I use for various things have a sale, they don't tell me beforehand - they send an email out when it's happening, but I get no advance warning that, for example, Play or Amazon or Steam is having a sale, and if I bought something beforehand at the previous price, tough.

I can't remember the last time ANY business telegraphed in advance they were having a sale, why do people expect it from PWE?
Not sure what country you live in, but here in the US I see advertisements for sales in advance all the time. J.C Penney, Target, and whole lot of others. Hello, car lots? "This weekend only! Blah blah blah!" In my country it's constant. Even web stores; Newegg and Tiger Direct send me emails all the time about upcoming sales. Maybe it's not a common practice in online gaming, but it is everywhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good
Not sure what country you live in, but here in the US I see advertisements for sales in advance all the time. J.C Penney, Target, and whole lot of others. Hello, car lots? "This weekend only! Blah blah blah!" In my country it's constant. Even web stores; Newegg and Tiger Direct send me emails all the time about upcoming sales. Maybe it's not a common practice in online gaming, but it is everywhere else.
The Cyrptic should have warned me argument gets thrown up every time a Cstore sale starts. Cryptic has never given anyone a warning. So don't expect them to start now or ever.

Feedback on it will be ignored so just just do what I do and not buy anything unless its on sale. Go nuts now because chances are you'll have to wait till summer/July for the next sale. Then maybe in Oct then again in Dec.
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good
Actually, I have never seen them regularly advertise sales in advance. Usually they put out the copies on Thursday so it will make the Sunday paper, so I suppose you might be able to get a few days warning, but that is more an artifact of how the sale is advertised than a deliberate attempt to give consumers advance notice.

In fact, from what I have seen, it is customary to only send the sales fliers out to the store a week or two in advanced and employees are usually strictly prohibited from divulging the contents.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufy8989
I bought the Nx-starship replica the same day the sale comenced but was not actually on at the time it wasnt super early in the morning i bought it around 11:30 and i got home and found the sale had started the following evening!! I was very frustrated as i could have saved 80 cryptic points and i believe i should have had some notice of when the sale would start to make the most of my points but no, a big corporate company like cryptic would rather ripp me off!!
Well, you could've checked the price first to make sure it was being discounted. But if you didn't know beforehand that it normally cost 400 CP, then I can sympathize.

In the end, though, 80 CP is not a ton in the big scheme of things. If you'd purchased something big like the Dreadnought, that would have been much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiththewolf View Post
Does anyone know how long this sale lasts?
It says in the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Color me irritated.

I thought they had stopped having sales so I sold most of my cp to get dilithium
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticales View Post
Aww and here I thought I could get the 1st contact spaceship.. I wouldve bought that.
I know I would have brought the Phoenix as well
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-06-2012, 06:17 AM
Hard to believe people are complaining because they did not get a warning.

Geez people.

Sales are run to generate extra revenue and not to save you money on previous purchases.

Sometimes you miss out and sometimes you luck out.

Its not like Cryptic ran the sale with some kind of conspiracy in mind to make you feel like an idiot for buying something last week.

Many people like myself simply will not make a purchase until there is a sale, so we never lose out.

I have things I want that I wait nearly a whole year to purchase because I wait for Black Friday.

Most people know that after Christmas the stores slash their inventory, but still people buy it before Christmas because they are into the traditional gift giving date.

Just because you may feel like an idiot does not make you one.