Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 The Phoenix
04-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes, I'm going to mention the little pet thing.

Poor thing, just kinda floating oddly around my whale. No real goal other then to aim at my backside. Looking like it is considering ramming me.

If it had an AI, it must feel something like Marvin the Robot.
Here we go, he's finally going to move... Wait, he's leaving me behind....Right, he'll see I'm not with him and come back....and he's not coming back....Perhaps he only slowed down for me, he's in a hurry...And still no sign of him...Perhaps his sensors are down...I've nothing better to do so I'll just keep following.........He forgot me...No, he doesn't want me....took one look at me and thought I wasn't worth keeping....not even worth shooting...Just leaving me to drift along in space....Wait, a ship. Is it him? No it's a freighter...Look, a borg cube, it's coming over here. I'll be assimilated.....and it just passed me by....Not even the borg want me. I feel so depressed.......

Ok, poking fun aside. I get it's a non combat pet. Great. But as I have never had one before for space. Do they all kinda hang at odd angles, get lost if you go faster then half speed? Could it behave a bit better? Perhaps like a worker bee.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kile_Morgan
Yes, I'm going to mention the little pet thing.

Poor thing, just kinda floating oddly around my whale. No real goal other then to aim at my backside. Looking like it is considering ramming me.

If it had an AI, it must feel something like Marvin the Robot.
Here we go, he's finally going to move... Wait, he's leaving me behind....Right, he'll see I'm not with him and come back....and he's not coming back....Perhaps he only slowed down for me, he's in a hurry...And still no sign of him...Perhaps his sensors are down...I've nothing better to do so I'll just keep following.........He forgot me...No, he doesn't want me....took one look at me and thought I wasn't worth keeping....not even worth shooting...Just leaving me to drift along in space....Wait, a ship. Is it him? No it's a freighter...Look, a borg cube, it's coming over here. I'll be assimilated.....and it just passed me by....Not even the borg want me. I feel so depressed.......

Ok, poking fun aside. I get it's a non combat pet. Great. But as I have never had one before for space. Do they all kinda hang at odd angles, get lost if you go faster then half speed? Could it behave a bit better? Perhaps like a worker bee.
Yes, all non-combat pets (space and ground alike) get left behind if you go faster than half speed/walk. Or at least that's my experience with them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
lol great lil story there. gave me a good laugh

Yeah, pets are useless and a little brain/circuit damaged. haha
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kile_Morgan
Do they all kinda hang at odd angles, get lost if you go faster then half speed?
They ALL behave like this, on both sides, always have.
Silly, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-05-2012, 02:25 PM
The Phoenix is actually the only pet I can understand could fall behind.... It is only warp 1.x after all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kile_Morgan
Yes, I'm going to mention the little pet thing.

Poor thing, just kinda floating oddly around my whale. No real goal other then to aim at my backside. Looking like it is considering ramming me.

If it had an AI, it must feel something like Marvin the Robot.
Here we go, he's finally going to move... Wait, he's leaving me behind....Right, he'll see I'm not with him and come back....and he's not coming back....Perhaps he only slowed down for me, he's in a hurry...And still no sign of him...Perhaps his sensors are down...I've nothing better to do so I'll just keep following.........He forgot me...No, he doesn't want me....took one look at me and thought I wasn't worth keeping....not even worth shooting...Just leaving me to drift along in space....Wait, a ship. Is it him? No it's a freighter...Look, a borg cube, it's coming over here. I'll be assimilated.....and it just passed me by....Not even the borg want me. I feel so depressed.......

Ok, poking fun aside. I get it's a non combat pet. Great. But as I have never had one before for space. Do they all kinda hang at odd angles, get lost if you go faster then half speed? Could it behave a bit better? Perhaps like a worker bee.


Best short story ever! Should be titled "The little Phoenix who thought he could"

I honestly "LOL'd" when i read this

still laughing at this moment actaully

lololol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Well
Given all the non funny things said in the game, I though i would try some minor humor.
I like the idea. I like the model, what I can see of it. I'm sure it took time to make. Just the textures.

I really think that it(ok it sounds like all pets) could use something more. Like things that would likely take more time then can be put into them. It's a non combat pet. Not looking for it to be functional. But not wanting it to be out one time then forgotten at the bottom of the bank. (Since it cannot be put into mail)

I assume that things like this have been brought up before. I just think, have it act like a satellite around the ship. Not a follower.

Oh, there you are...I thought I would never find you again....I'm still have pieces from that asteroid field you flew through....And burns from the plasma storm....You ever heard of the concept of SAFE DISTANCE??? But I found you now...It's hard to overstate how happy this makes me...No sense crying over lost time...Not when there is exploring to be done...So if you open the bay door I can fly right on in.........Ah, still waiting here...Any time now................This is because of that Safe Distance remark??? It was a joke, oh come on!!!! He's opening up a cargo bay, YEAH!!!!!! Ok, not a shuttle bay but that's fine...Any port in a storm after all.....Wait, something is coming out.....Those aren't..NO, it can't be...He's dumping lockboxes, and leaving. Again....Alone, with all these hundreds of lockboxes.........Adrift like so much refuse....Go ahead, leave me alone. With all these lockboxes......Well maybe if I ram them one will explode.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The Phoenix is actually the only pet I can understand could fall behind.... It is only warp 1.x after all.
Mine can go at about Warp 6 for some reason... What was the NX-01 for again? :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoKnight View Post
Mine can go at about Warp 6 for some reason... What was the NX-01 for again? :p
The NX was a big deal because it was Humanity's first warp 5 ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-06-2012, 11:27 AM
If deployed, the Phoenix should have another button that plays "Magic Carpet Ride."
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.