Lt. Commander
# 1 Alpha
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Overall impression: I like the mission.
It makes a nice introduction for the Romulan episodes without giving spoilers.

Especially the part on the planet looks really lovely.
The buffs are interesting. They could last a wee bit longer, especially when people are taking their time reading the info slowly.

The rewards are so so.

There are a couple of possible plotholes, like the captain winning that fight, mere seconds after being very close to death, or the tricorder not finding the Romulan at the 'cages'. Why does the captain tell me where he was, and what he did there? Does he trust every possible member of the KDF enough to give away that information?

The hunters attack with energy weapons. The inspected bodies show melee weapon damage.

There could be a short message about downloading the data and destroying the console after you descramble the data. I would not leave that data behind in that area with that kind of neighbours.

The size of the wreckage.
I can walk down the neck of my bird. There is a turbo lift connecting the different decks.
But I would guess that no grown up Klingon would be able to fit into the head of the wreck, much less do I think that 30 people fit into the hull - plus warp core, mess hall, brig and guests.

One of the decisions regarding the guest seems to raise the strength of the opponents a lot.
As from underwhelming to nearly insta-kill.

The hints about disarming the traps seem not to work properly. I did the mission three times, and each time one or two of the traps activated instead of giving me the option to disarm it.

Finishing the mission seems not to work properly.
The captain gives the option to talk to him after the fight - repeatedly.
The option to beam out sometimes does not finish the mission. Maybe you have to be on top of the hill for it to work correctly. It comes up even at the bottom of the hill, far away from the pattern enhancer.

When beaming out, the crew of the BoP is left behind.

Edit: I could not use melee attacks against the creepers. There was some sort of barrier keeping me just our of range.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2012, 10:27 PM
My impression of Alpha is that overall it is a brilliant mission that captures true Klingon flavor, much like "Second star on the right, Straight on till Morning" or "Keep your Enemies Closer."

My issue was that the mission seemed pretty brief....but then again i was with a friend when i did it so it could be the extra player being there to do half of the work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
The trick to disarming the traps is to look at the NPC chat. It tells you exactly which wires to cut.

On a separate note, anyone know where the class specific accolades are found?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Sorry if this seems like a noob question, but I can't figure out how to replay Alpha after doing it once... I want to get the 2nd piece of loot from this mission... I cannot find a way to replay it at Orith itself, nor who to hail. I've even been back to Qo'Nos, nothing there I could find... anybody know?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
The trick to disarming the traps is to look at the NPC chat. It tells you exactly which wires to cut.

On a separate note, anyone know where the class specific accolades are found?
It still bugs out sometimes. I cut the two proper wires, went to click disarm and it reset the buttons so I had to do it again but there wasnt enough time, so it exploded. Happened on two of bombs for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6 I cannot pick up the mission
04-07-2012, 05:08 AM
Is there a reason why I cannot pick this mission up with my LG? if i go to episode screen "hail" is greyed out and if I talk to Jmpok he does not have it. I rolled out this toon pre season 5. I was in a hurry to level her so I did Spin the wheel and colosium over and over. I hardly did any of the other missions. Does mission progression have anything to do with it?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWY777
Is there a reason why I cannot pick this mission up with my LG? if i go to episode screen "hail" is greyed out and if I talk to Jmpok he does not have it. I rolled out this toon pre season 5. I was in a hurry to level her so I did Spin the wheel and colosium over and over. I hardly did any of the other missions. Does mission progression have anything to do with it?
It's part of the mission progress. Either do the ones leading up to it or go down the list clicking Skip.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2012, 07:00 AM
dwy777 you need to probably skip some of the earlier missions so you can go straight to alpha - you can always go back to them later if bored.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
It's part of the mission progress. Either do the ones leading up to it or go down the list clicking Skip.
Thank's, I was going to try that I just wanted to see if there was another option first.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2012, 04:40 PM
No, Alpha! is definitely down for the characters I have that qualify. Level 41 BG that already did all the Romulan missions, I hail missions in space, click First Contact on the far left, Transwarp to the mission... and nothing. I see the planet, but the mission is not to be found except in the Romulan misions. WHere I can replay all the missions, but his one I did not play I cannot Hail.
Closed Thread