Lt. Commander
# 11
04-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Agreed. Awesome Mission; thank you Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm glad you guys liked it! It was a blast to work on. Slightly frustrating at times, simply due to the massive number of planets and bushes. I wish we could have built the bird of prey closer to scale than it was, however, the true size wouldn't have left much room for more jungle. Also, fun fact: The bird of prey in the DS9 space walk map is exactly the same as the one in Alpha. I should know, I made both! -- Though, the crashed bird of prey was built specifically for alpha, refit for use on DS9!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Hopefully that is the beginning of many new KDF missions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJamz View Post
I'm glad you guys liked it! It was a blast to work on. Slightly frustrating at times, simply due to the massive number of planets and bushes. I wish we could have built the bird of prey closer to scale than it was, however, the true size wouldn't have left much room for more jungle. Also, fun fact: The bird of prey in the DS9 space walk map is exactly the same as the one in Alpha. I should know, I made both! -- Though, the crashed bird of prey was built specifically for alpha, refit for use on DS9!
Wow, thanks for the trivia regarding the down BoP for both missions.

JamJamz, you did an outstanding job during the "Boldy we Rode" episode in regards to the BoP there. It looked larger during the FE.

The "Alpha" mission overall was very good, and as a Klink player I am hoping for more missions

When I first entered the system, what caught my eye was the huge planetary body for a background - wow breath taking.

As i posted before, only gripe was the BoP scaling issue - aside from that issue everything else was awesome - great work.

I guess we can explain it away by stating that the BoP was a smaller version ala shuttle type, something around the lines of a runabout.

It would be nice if the BoP were intergrated into the foilage on a much larger scale, but I don't know the technical issues that may arise from adjusting it. Comparing the Reman FE "Coliseum" where the Reman freighter crashed landed, now that was an awesome view as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-06-2012, 01:25 AM
I have to agree. It was well designed, looked beautiful, made you laugh, made you go "pahhh a Romulan!"

Great stuff, an example of how it should be in most missions! With "rewards" (accolades and class specific things) for those that want to explore the map. Thanks very much for this.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2012, 01:34 AM
"Alpha" was, in my opinion, well done and a bold new step in how missions in Star Trek Online should be done in the future.

Well done Cryptic. Keep it up. =)
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Heh, the chicken before the egg huh. :p

But surely you could've built a to-scale BoP for both missions. I could easily see more scarred earth from the crash and part of the BoP being buried. Have the rear hatch open, where you could have the access console.

Oh well, what's done is done. Guess we could explain that these are another class of smaller BoP that's used for Spec Ops missions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
I wish we could have built the bird of prey closer to scale than it was, however, the true size wouldn't have left much room for more jungle
Not to be picky , but the BOP on the ground in "Doomsday Machine" seemed to be in scale (with smaller BOP's -- as there are several sizes to them) , and yet there was plenty of room on that map for both jungle and two different building sites . Just saying .

Good job all in all on Alpha !

Oh wait ... I have another question(s) :

- Dan mentioned recently that there are supposedly two "teams" on STO right now .
He wasn't very clear on the exact delegation of the tasks , but we got the impression that the larger team is focused on Season 6 , and the smaller one (and I'm speculating here) is focused on content like "Alpha" .

My questions are :
- Which team did Alpha ?
- How long did it take to make Alpha ?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-06-2012, 03:27 AM
If they keep putting out missions like this once in a while it make it easier to accept that there will only be about 2 featured series a year. I don't need the larger story arc. I just need a few good missions. this was a good mission.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Without posting spoilers, this is the most interesting KDF mission I've played to date. Kudos to the environment artists - the jungle was awesome and highly detailed, right down to ambient animals that run away when they see you coming. I truly enjoyed staying on this map and exploring it.

The mission is also full of choices, decisions and optionals. Nicely done voice acting on top of that. I'm really impressed and you can see that this piece of content was given an adequate budget. Something we don't always see for the Klingon side outside of featured episodes.

So thanks for this mission, Cryptic. Extremely well done and I hope to see more of the same in the future!
Agreed!!!!