Lt. Commander
# 11
04-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Premades fighting against PuGs can be quite damaging for everyone that enjoys PVP, including the members of the premade.

Allow me to explain my reasoning:

Currently the PVP population is quite small and so PVP is a "minority area".

Most PVPers would agree that the PVP side of this game feels somewhat neglected by the developers.

Cryptic have demonstrated time and again that their development is aimed at "majority areas".

To get a better PVP system in game we would need to attract more players to PVP.

These additional players that we need will, for the most part, be new players or, at the very least, new to STO PVP.

To attract players to PVP it needs to be enjoyable.

People do not enjoy being repeatedly stomped 15-0 when attempting to learn something new. Many won't even notice their opponents were all from the same fleet or any other signs of them being a "premade".

As their first few experiences were far from enjoyable these newer players won't stick around as they will assume PVP is always like that.

No additional PVPers will mean PVP stays a "minority area".

As a "minority area" it will stay under the developers' "RADAR" and so remain underdeveloped.

Rinse and repeat.

By not exercising just a modicum of self-restraint (ie, not arranging to only fight other premades) those who advocate improved PVP work directly against their desired outcome.

A very simplified view but you get the picture.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-06-2012, 07:14 AM
What you gonna do, OP, make the Devs seperate them?
Suck it up and play. It'll be over soon.
Or maybe gets 4 friends and design a premade of your own and fight back.
The whole Premade versus PuG debate is circular when the game has a an open, anyone can enter PvP system.
Crying its unfair is silly as the only thing truelly lost, since death is not a factor in STO, is ego.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-06-2012, 07:18 AM
THIS IS A MULTIPLAYER GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find people to play with.

stop crying.

pvp is great no matter how you slice it.

stop crying.

im in a pretty good pvp fleet...and i pug all the time...and lose all the time.

get a team.

-horizon

p.s. get a team and stop crying

p.p.s Have fun Kill bad guys
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon

stop crying.

stop crying.

get a team.

-horizon

! < Found this on the floor, think you may have dropped one.

I haven't seen anybody in this thread crying at all. There are some who don't hold the same opinion as you, but nobody crying. Are you sure your reply is in the correct thread?

I know it's kind of the internet parlance that the youth of today use but this insistence on referring to people disagreeing with you as "crying" is as juvenile as it is irrelevant. Really, was that honestly the best you could come up with to support your viewpoint? I'm sure I've seen you make better quality posts than this.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherCircuit
Why is PuG vs Premade even allowed? Who do you really think is gonna win 9/10 times if not more? Premades should have to fight other premades... and I don't wanna hear about how a group of 5 premades might have to fight the same group of 5 multiple times in a row...

Fought in some PvP tonight and said PuG vs Premade was a joke in Zone chat. The premades all PM'd me saying don't blame them blame Cryptic and subsequently had already placed me on /ignore before I could even respond. I believe most Premade teams have a total and utter lack of respect for the game. Their main goal is to ruin any potential fun of others. Do you feel good about yourselves winning 15-0 against a group of people who've never played together before? How is this allowed?
this is crying about it.

quote: Their main goal is to ruin any potential fun of others. Do you feel good about yourselves winning 15-0 against a group of people who've never played together before? How is this allowed?

specifically. someone loses so it has to be everyone elses fault and they only pvp to ruin everyone elses game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilan
Premades fighting against PuGs can be quite damaging for everyone that enjoys PVP, including the members of the premade.

Allow me to explain my reasoning:

Currently the PVP population is quite small and so PVP is a "minority area".

Most PVPers would agree that the PVP side of this game feels somewhat neglected by the developers.

Cryptic have demonstrated time and again that their development is aimed at "majority areas".

To get a better PVP system in game we would need to attract more players to PVP.

These additional players that we need will, for the most part, be new players or, at the very least, new to STO PVP.

To attract players to PVP it needs to be enjoyable.

People do not enjoy being repeatedly stomped 15-0 when attempting to learn something new. Many won't even notice their opponents were all from the same fleet or any other signs of them being a "premade".

As their first few experiences were far from enjoyable these newer players won't stick around as they will assume PVP is always like that.

No additional PVPers will mean PVP stays a "minority area".

As a "minority area" it will stay under the developers' "RADAR" and so remain underdeveloped.

Rinse and repeat.

By not exercising just a modicum of self-restraint (ie, not arranging to only fight other premades) those who advocate improved PVP work directly against their desired outcome.

A very simplified view but you get the picture.
this is crying about it........
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
What you gonna do, OP, make the Devs seperate them?
Suck it up and play. It'll be over soon.
Or maybe gets 4 friends and design a premade of your own and fight back.
The whole Premade versus PuG debate is circular when the game has a an open, anyone can enter PvP system.
Crying its unfair is silly as the only thing truelly lost, since death is not a factor in STO, is ego.
here is roach pointing out people are crying about it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon

stop crying.

stop crying.

get a team.

-horizon

here's me pointing out that i pug and lose to premades all the time. and not crying about it

and now i must go to work. good day to you all.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks for making my point more concisely than I ever could.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't have a problem with premades assuming they aren't the type that abuse everything that's broken because it is broken and they aren't bad winners. I'm all for banter in a match so long as it isn't the kind of stuff that chases people away. There is trash talk and then there is just trash. Sometimes it's not easy to figure out where the line is though. Some people are better sports than others.

Don't use premades as a crutch to feel better about your poor performance. Sportsmanship does still have it's place in PuGs and Premades alike. I lose often enough that it's not that big of a deal for me, provided the opponents really were better (and they often are).