Lt. Commander
# 1 Vor'Cha Cannoneer
04-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm using turrets in the rear and single cannons. Mainly because this gives me more forward oriented firepower than beams, yet isn't going to be a pita to keep on target, like dual cannons.

I'm also using the BNW and Isometric Charge (fight outnumbered way too often not to have it imo).

As for consoles, I'm thinking of adding a second 18% shield hp console and another 26% weapon damage console. I might be tweaking my engineering consoles some more... but not sure if I should stack hull defense buffs or not.

I'm also considering just buying the Bortas +1, but not sure I like the idea of losing my turnrate. I could run Omega though, which I cant on the Vor'Cha...

Anyway, I have no issue at all keeping the Odyssey locked on target, but I just can't seem to break one properly flown. But then... they can't break me either. So I suppose it is a wash ultimately... which is too bad when that same Odyssey starts healing the stuff I can actually kill >.<
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
The overlapping 2x 70 degree arcs of beam arrays does more damage than the 180 degree front arc of turrets and cannons. Lacking 2 cannon boff slots to make up the difference means you have to make up for the damage loss somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Um I don't mean to be rude but is there a question you'd like to ask?

The Vor'cha has the turn rate to use DC or DHC, especially with an RCS or two.

All your tac slots should be Energy Appropriate +26% consoles.

Now not to talk you out of the Bortasqu, but that ship is a Beam boat. 5.5 Turn is the lowest in the game. If you want a Cannon Boat the Vor'cha is the best bet.

When asking for help a full and accurate ship layout including BOFFs makes the incoming advice more coherant and allows the people trying to help you to do it easier and better.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 07:09 AM
I was a little tired when I wrote the OP, so it is a bit... incoherent. Sorry about that.