Lt. Commander
I recently, canceled my Gold sub due to personal reasons. I really do miss having XMPP chat, I used pidgin constantly to keep in contact with my friends when I wasn't playing sto. It's a bit hard to live without, but if I have to, I will... That said...

Is there any chance down the road it will become silver available? It doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in regards to keeping people paying for a subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Agreed this should be available for any player that has gone silver plus.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Its a big mistake Cryptic made about their system that you can no longer XMPP when your subscription ends.

I've disconnected to XMPP ever since I played SWTOR and didnt have ANY more contact with anyone in the game, so i stopped bothering starting the game at all and just leave it at that.

IF cryptic decided to keep allowing silver (Not subbers/lifetimers) to connect to XMPP, I would probably have gone back to STO much sooner, and they probably would have gotten more cash from me.

Bad decision for people that temporarily stop paying (Subbing) because there is less chance of them ever coming back if they have ZERO contact with their former friends.

Oh well, Cryptic/PWE seems to know whats best for them, Cheers.