Lt. Commander
Hi,

This happened on another character of mine; I bought all the retrofit ships on various toons a long time ago, yet on two new toons of mine it is asking me to purchase them again with C-Store points!

Anyone else experiencing this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Its always been like that with the VA ships as far as I can remember. The only major difference is that originally you would get a VA ship token in order to get one of them for free and now you don't.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Did you buy them in the C-store or with the in-game token or by emblems when it was an option?

C-store purchases are still account wide. Token and emblem currencies were always one time/one character.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 07:09 AM
No this is NOT working as intended, i have my dreadnought and MVAE on all my VA characters and only bought it once. this is a bug report it As soon as possible

1600-2000CP is far FAR too expensive for a ship for a single toon and if this HAS changed i can see something of a uproar among the community and a near instant boycott of the C-store in the very near future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 07:23 AM
The stock VA ships were the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant Retrofits. Prior to FTP you received a Token to get one of those for free when you reached VA - that Token is now a 600 day Vet Reward. So if any pre-FTP VAs have those ships they probably got them from the Token. Tokens were per-character, not account-wide. If you bought one of those 3 ships from the C-Store then they became account-wide for all VAs on the account.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
If you're talking about the Excelsior pack, when the game went F2P they took those ships away from everyone, even those who had bought them in the C-Store, and despite a huge uproar from the community, their response was essentially, "suck it up, it's our most popular ship, buy it again."

The Galaxy-R was also similarly sabotaged.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo935
If you're talking about the Excelsior pack, when the game went F2P they took those ships away from everyone, even those who had bought them in the C-Store, and despite a huge uproar from the community, their response was essentially, "suck it up, it's our most popular ship, buy it again."
Don't misrepresent things. If you bought the C-store excelsior, you still have it.

There was never an Excelsior "pack" - the commander Excelsior was never linked to any C-store purchase.

When your argument has to be based on lies, it looks like it doesn't have another leg to stand on, and you short everyone with legitimate complaints by doing so.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Don't misrepresent things. If you bought the C-store excelsior, you still have it.

There was never an Excelsior "pack" - the commander Excelsior was never linked to any C-store purchase.

When your argument has to be based on lies, it looks like it doesn't have another leg to stand on, and you short everyone with legitimate complaints by doing so.
Do your homework before you start flinging poo.

EDIT 1: Threadnaught 1

EDIT 2: Threadnaught 2

These threads were created when Cryptic ninja'd out the Excelsior Pack even though people had already bought it, and despite their promise to the contrary and got caught red-handed. So don't sit under your bridge accusing me of lying. Point the finger at Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo935

The Galaxy-R was also similarly sabotaged.
This is NOT true. I bought the Excelsior before the change and itis still available to new alts on the "Legacy Unlocks" tab.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis View Post
This is NOT true. I bought the Excelsior before the change and itis still available to new alts on the "Legacy Unlocks" tab.
Did you even read my reply and look at the links I provided before you posted this? That is not what I'm talking about.