Lt. Commander
# 1 Giving T4 Accolades a meaning
04-05-2012, 07:26 AM
I thought a bit about T4 Commendations and realized that the only benefit of those is one single Very Rare DoFF and a title.

How about adding a boon to your Captain linked to the accolades? This would tie the DoFF System more with the rest of the game and encourage people more I think.
Accolades were added short after release and only a few got a bonus attached to them i.e. "Kinetic Killer" adds a +2% Kinetic Damage etc... since their introduction accolades became, well, without very little meaning.

I thought about giving a character specific bonus to each T4 Commendation accolade you get:

Accolade:
Diplomatic T4 -> allready gives a boost to your character, perhaps the most at all due Transwarp locs.
Science T4 -> +2.5% All science skills magnitude
Engineering T4 -> +2.5% Hull repair magnitude
Military T4 -> +2.5% All Damage magnitude or + 10% Accuracy?
Exploration T4 -> -25% or -50% Quantum Slipstream cooldown
Espionage T4 -> Feds: +2.5% Stealth Detection / KDF: + 3% Stealth
Medical T4 -> +2.5% All Healing magnitude (Hypos and Medic skills)
Colonial T4 -> 1 Token for the Veteran DoFF people got when F2P launched
Trade T4 -> -10% Vendor/Replicator cost
Development T4 -> -10% Crafting cost
Recruitment T4 -> +15 Duty Officer Roster slots

So, would it be possible Heretic?
I really think it would make the whole system more meaningful and worth the time to spend in it since the Tier 4 take quite a lot of ingame play time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Filling in appropriate rewards for the other commendation categories is something we have long wanted to do and are still planning on doing. Rewards have to be balanced with how similar effects appear in every other part of the game, and for things like costumes take up a fair amount of Art time. So, unfortunately I can't promise when this might happen, but it is very much something on our minds.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Until that, how about something cosmetic that's easy to do? Like a ship trophy thats projecting a holographic image of the commendation icon, sort of like the azura accolade trophy (at least it sounds relatively easy to make)
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2012, 12:02 PM
I fully support this idea of trophies for R4 commendations.

Another spiffy reward, that popped into my head when Heretic mentioned "costumes," would be to let us wear the commendation rank insignia. Obviously this would be a lot of work to create the art assets and then integrate it both into the costume creator and onto the costumes themselves (i.e. where the character actually wears the insignia), but it would be quite nifty.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't really think that accolades must always award costumes etc. I can understand that those are expensive to make. Just thought that those T4 accolades have to see a quality jump. You invest a lot of time and effort and get really little out of them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 09:41 AM
I like this, however, the T4 accolade should give access to a special category of Doffs that includes all limited time reward doffs