Lt. Commander
# 31
04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
My primary computer blew up during an electrical storm. Yes two surge protectors (or so called surge protectors failed and fried as well). I am now relegated to a very old laptop with very small keys and a mouse pad (which slows me down and makes it easy to hit the wrong button or overdo it. IE. ship speed..either I am at full impulse or no impulse and very very tricky to get it in between).
That's the consequence of using EPS to directly power computer systems; a key weakness of Federation technology. On certain vessels improper field installations of EPS capacitors to boost flowrate may overload the capacity of surge protectors (for reference, a typical "blue" Mark XI EPS power booster provides a 35% power transfer rate.)

Cardassian systems by contrast are far more robust; crew consoles are physically separated from hi-powered systems and thus operators are at no risk from infamous 'console explosions'.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
one a day is fine but dont feel bad about posting smaller chunks to move plot along. im not exactly much for long winded posts myself.
It's up to the writer(s) to make their content easy to read and if lengthy descriptions are required for quality control purposes, then said writer(s) should use their own discretion to make said content interesting and worthy of readership.

I don't follow conventional RP practises and 'you never know till you try' it with me. I can give character references... but Cardassian business practises aren't about maintaining superflous relationships with inactive entities. What matters is being effective in the present... and Gul Nador there owing me more than a few favours which I shall call upon from time to time

It would appear that a Cardassian OOC invasion is ongoing... and there is evidence of Cardassian recruitment of mercenary forces!

Of course, Gul Nador will have the discretion in ensuring all our 'supplemental forces' are on par with CPT Butter's desired writing standards. I am just the Federation diplomatic attache
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Really wish I had time to take part. Been a roleplayer since the first addition of DnD came out (20-25 or so years ago?) and been roleplaying in another game for the last 7-8 years.
Good luck with the fun
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-15-2012, 09:30 AM
so, what happened to everyone. kind of sad that my Friday the 13th themed RP had none playing on the Friday the 13th weekend
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-16-2012, 02:21 PM
This is one last call, is ANYONE interested in starting this RP or are we DOA?