Lt. Commander
# 1 Duty Oficer Active Duty
04-06-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm still going through a learning curve with STO. One thing that has been bugging me is when i select to put a crew member onto active duty it warns me by doing so will permantently bind him to my crew. What is the purpose of telling me that and what are the pros and cons of not accepting and leaving him from doing active duty?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 11:33 AM
That disclaimer is to inform you that when your doff (duty officer) goes to active duty that character is now bound to you and you will no longer have the ability to trade them on the exchange or between your alt toons.

When you put a doff in the active roster you get a small chance of a buff(ability) that said doff can provide to either ground or space but you don't have that doff available for doff missions. But, you can pull them back to the reserve to accomplish any mission you might want to complete within the duty officer's assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Just to mention, you can still dismiss a bound duty officer to get rid of them if you have the need. being bound doesn't stop you from doing so.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
Just to mention, you can still dismiss a bound duty officer to get rid of them if you have the need. being bound doesn't stop you from doing so.
This also nets you 75 dilithium per doff you dismissed. Plus you can always do the reassignment missions at SFA where you can trade in 5 common doffs and gain 1 uncommon in return, 5 uncommon and gain 1 rare.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
thanks for the responses it makes a lot more sense now. I didnt realise you could trade them on the exchange i just thought that was for equipment / weapons etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltypineapple
This also nets you 75 dilithium per doff you dismissed. Plus you can always do the reassignment missions at SFA where you can trade in 5 common doffs and gain 1 uncommon in return, 5 uncommon and gain 1 rare.
Does it work?

I've run through it 4 times on common, uncommon, and Rare and haven't seen any new duty officers but I've lost 20.

Are we supposed to do something else to pick up those officers once the reassignment assignment is complete?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
Does it work?

I've run through it 4 times on common, uncommon, and Rare and haven't seen any new duty officers but I've lost 20.

Are we supposed to do something else to pick up those officers once the reassignment assignment is complete?
When you collect the rewards for the Reassignment mission, your new DOFF part of the rewards. The DOFF will be places directory into your DOFF roster. You can see the new DOFF special is you use the Status filter of your full Roster tab. Select 'Recent' in the Status filter to show only newly acquired DOFFS. Just be fore warned that Recent means very recent.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Dont mean to hijack this thread but I have a question along these lines.

I'm currently trying to improve the quality of my Doff's. I currently have 167 Doffs (153 green,13 blue, 1 purple) The problem I'm having right now is that about 140 of my green doffs all say "bound", now I have never put them on "active duty". My questions are....

1. How did they get "bound" without me putting them on active duty?
and
2. Is there any way I can un-bind them?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedebrismark
1. How did they get "bound" without me putting them on active duty?
Did you get them from the commendation vendor for ranking up your various sections? Or from the certain packs you get as you level up? As both of those will bind them to you as soon as you get them

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedebrismark
2. Is there any way I can un-bind them?
Other than using them in exchange missions, then no unfortunately not
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2012, 08:36 PM
most I got from the "store" at the Academy in exchange for Dilithium.

Was that a goof? I had all this Dilithium surplus and figured it was a good way of both using my surplus and gaining some green Doffs.

I havent run into any "exchange" missions yet. I assume they come when one of the attributes gets high enough, right? I would assume that would be the "recruiting" attribute for that, correct?