Lt. Commander
# 71
04-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
So what you are saying is that despite an object having a known and accepted definition, say, such something like... "desk", or "chair", or "button", or "panel"... if it isn't described on Memory Alpha's website, it has no bearing on Star Trek?
no im saying you don't know how Starfleet work who commanded what ship what rank they all where not one of us do only who did is not here to tell us so we can sit here all day don this in the end I or you don't know
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
no im saying you don't know how Starfleet work who commanded what ship what rank they all where not one of us do only who did is not here to tell us so we can sit here all day don this in the end I or you don't know
I didn't understand any of this. My universal translator must be broken.
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
I didn't understand any of this. My universal translator must be broken.
your prob then
Lt. Commander
# 74
04-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
So what you are saying is that despite an object having a known and accepted definition, say, such something like... "desk", or "chair", or "button", or "panel"... if it isn't described on Memory Alpha's website, it has no bearing on Star Trek?
You are cherry picking.

Klingon Generals command ships, we also have Alternative Future Riker that as a Admiral saved the Enterprise-D from being scraped, have it re-outfitted to serve as his Flagship.

And I point to "compromise" ...

Quote:
com·pro·mise
verb, -mised, -mis·ing.
noun
1- a settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.
Your demand is "nobody can be a Admiral by their own achievements, the maximum rank is Captain" and then comes the arguments on how its "Trek" and damn everyone that wants to be a Admiral as a achievable rank.

The "concession" is Guild politics were being a Admiral becomes a whim of a Guild Leader.

This reminds me of the "Compromise" about the Federation carrier that was made so useless it might as well not be in the game but at least some tried to mask it as a compromise, not a demand.
Lt. Commander
# 75
04-08-2012, 01:20 PM
It seems pretty much established that the level-rank structure will not change. Dan Stahl said so. The best we can hope for is an option to be called like this or that by each and every NPC. I would actually find that quite pleasant.
Lt. Commander
# 76
04-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
It seems pretty much established that the level-rank structure will not change. Dan Stahl said so. The best we can hope for is an option to be called like this or that by each and every NPC. I would actually find that quite pleasant.
this super this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A++++++ he see 4 lights not 3 A++++++++