Lt. Commander
# 1 Free C-Points?
04-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way at all to get free C-Store Points, besides the Gold Members perk they have? Are there going to be any offers from outside sources to get them?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 12:45 PM
You can trade Dilithium for C-Points with other players through the Dilithium Exchange in the game. Some websites sometimes host giveaways where they give out C-Points. Other than that, there is no other way to get C-Points for free.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopums View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way at all to get free C-Store Points, besides the Gold Members perk they have? Are there going to be any offers from outside sources to get them?
Sometimes there are contests where C-store points are given out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
You can also complete advertising offers from Perfect World for free Zen which turn into C-Points.

I'd advise against the "free" offers though and instead suggest stuff like signing up for Netflix through their advertisers. The free offers tend to come with spyware toolbars and the like.

You can also buy Perfect World giftcards at places like Kroger or Best Buy, places where you get membership rewards for making the purchase. (Kroger gives you fuel points.)

Also, if you have a PWE account, you can get discount points during sales and you get bonus points for buying them in multiples of $50.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'd advise against the "free" offers though and instead suggest stuff like signing up for Netflix through their advertisers. The free offers tend to come with spyware toolbars and the like.
^^This. beware of this one.
If you have a merged Cryptic/PW account, and a good Anti-Spyware/Malware/Virus, try it.
Just be ready to remove a number of toolbars/add-ons that you didn't want after you get the Zen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopums View Post
You do realize that Cryptic is a business and they have to make money. No Money = No Server = No Game. The C-Store Points are their main income now that the game is Free to Play why would they want to give them out for free.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
^^This. beware of this one.
If you have a merged Cryptic/PW account, and a good Anti-Spyware/Malware/Virus, try it.
Just be ready to remove a number of toolbars/add-ons that you didn't want after you get the Zen.
Some of the offers are hilarious. My offers at the moment:
"Get help quitting smoking for just 5kr - 1307 Zen"
"Buy Norton Antivirus - 1633 Zen" (oh the irony. *soft applauds* :p )
"Enter this random contest for a car - 30 Zen"
"Watch this movie trailer without pausing - 3 Zen" (I'm not kidding)
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
You do realize that Cryptic is a business and they have to make money. No Money = No Server = No Game. The C-Store Points are their main income now that the game is Free to Play why would they want to give them out for free.
Yes I realize that, A lot of businesses promote themselves by giving away free points when you sign up for another business' thing. I wasn't literally meaning they gave them to me for nothing.