Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
04-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuxtapuestoelmono
No JJdump is going to take central stage on my watch.....
this^^^^^^^^^^
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Well that in the cover is just a office complex, if you look at TMP you see it shares many similarities with that one.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Orbital_office_complex

Even its redresses were not made shipyards.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...tal-office.htm

Utopia Planitia station.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...dstations1.htm
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
theres also pictures of jupiter station there too. all these starbases in game like 39 and 24, i'd love to see them get an art upgrade so their components look more exactly like the components of jupiter station. and I'd like to see those regula type stations in game too. that's the design language of federation starbases, and if fleet starbases are next on the horizon, nows the perfect time to perfect all starbases period.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-08-2012, 09:22 PM
The books coming out these days are all sharing a continuity wrapped closely around and between the series we saw on TV, filling in blanks, and respecting eachother's soft canon, gone are the days of pocket books or Shatnerverse.

The Lost Eras books fill in a lot of the time between Undiscovered Country and TNG, DS9 effectively had a "season 8", the Romulan War was covered and some things from Enteprise Retconned to conform with older established canon, there's some stuff leading up to the Destiny Books, Destiny books themselves, corps of engineers books, some stuff about the Occupation, Section 31, DTI, and after Destiny, the Typhon Pact books. Also, Titan and Aventine etc.

All in all, the more recent expansions of the Trek Universe fit in well with the established canon, and mesh well with eachother and the things we saw on screen, if you're after more Trek, it's really, really good.

I haven't read that book yet, but it's the second part of another book which I also haven't read, I think the furthest I've gotten into Typhon Pact is "rough beasts of Empire". But the first of the books in the two parter shown in the OP's picture has DS9 on the cover, so I wouldn't rule out it's destruction, since so far this is the "latest" point in the established book timeline, but I think it's more likely an additional facility, either on our or their side of the wormhole.

This may help tose looking to embark on more "continuing voyages" without running across spoilers, but also coming in at "the right point" so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Well. . . it's been 100 years. It's not like we're still prepping for the coming German invasion. What defenses were put in place, at some point would have been dismantled or moved.
Korea on the other hand...

Apples n' Oranges my good man, Apples n' Oranges.