Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout

The original Fallout is free to download today, apparently.

That was jheinig's first big gaming job, as I recall.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
free?

sounds kinds expensive to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Man, everyone's going free-to-play these days.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
i was running through their list of games. baldur's gate, icewind dale, planescape torment, deux ex.

some serious nostalgia there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Man, everyone's going free-to-play these days.
At least you can say you did it before everyone thought it was cool.

What's the next move? Get Payed To Play? I'd buy that for a Dollar... Provided I get decent ROI.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
What's the next move? Get Payed To Play? I'd buy that for a Dollar... Provided I get decent ROI.
Eh, it only sales for $6 regularly. They're pretty much paying you to register on their site and see a sampling of the goodies they give out with all their games. I prefer this form of advertising over an ad blitz. GOG is doing a lot right.

-nods to Cryptic-
I like the Trek marathon back at launch, also.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Fallout is an AWESOME game!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
As a gamer, I'm a huge proponent of GOG.com -- not only do they have a good selection at "bargain bin" prices, but almost all of them come with emulators so even new systems can run the old stuff without having jump thru the hoops of setting up DOSBox yourself.

Purchased Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri there just a couple weeks ago. Awesome to be able to play it again!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up Leviathan99. I was very happy to purchase some old games from these people a while back (Haegemonia Legions of Iron + expan for example), considering how they often throw in all the original extras that came along with such games; like sounds tracks and artbooks - and I see this Fallout offering is no difference.

Having said all that, I actually did emote in RL "hmm, free, that sounds a little expensive" re: Captain_Revo

Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
As a gamer, I'm a huge proponent of GOG.com -- not only do they have a good selection at "bargain bin" prices, but almost all of them come with emulators so even new systems can run the old stuff without having jump thru the hoops of setting up DOSBox yourself.

Purchased Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri there just a couple weeks ago. Awesome to be able to play it again!
I have to second this. Thanks to the post about Fallout, I discovered GOG.com -- and the fact that they have Ultima 4 for free, and a set of Ultima 1-2-3 for six bucks!

There goes my weekend...