Lt. Commander
# 1 NX bridge pack response?
04-06-2012, 01:57 PM
From the latest Ask Cryptic:

Quote:
Q: (Charlie25) Is there any plans to make an NX-01 bridge interior pack?

Dstahl: Unfortunately, due to the timeframe of our game, unless we have some time travel missions to go back to this older ship, it is unlikely that we will be introducing a custom bridge interior for this ship. We are much more likely to introduce props and interior layout tools that would allow players to build their own ship interiors as part of the Foundry down the road.
Just to be clear, I'm not even personally interested in an NX bridge back. But did he forget about the TOS Constitution interior they made a while back?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
From the latest Ask Cryptic:

Just to be clear, I'm not even personally interested in an NX bridge back. But did he forget about the TOS Constitution interior they made a while back?
not trying to argue here but what does the TOS bridge have to do with this? the question was posed then answered clearly. The TOS bridge has nothing to do with the NX. because it exists, does not mean the NX must.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 02:04 PM
I imagine the TOS bridge was an exception to the rule due to its hugely iconic nature. Im sure if the NX was even remotely close to being that iconic it would find a way in there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 02:05 PM
The TOS interior was made in a time when they thought it was reasonable to do so. They haven't ever used those art assets again, though, and figure it's just not worth the time to do it.

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm honestly surprised they still went ahead with the Belfast interior.

Besides, he ALSO made a comment there that they'd rather create a set of tools for players to have more control over the design of their interiors rather than just make different interior maps. I'd much rather have that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I imagine the TOS bridge was an exception to the rule due to its hugely iconic nature. Im sure if the NX was even remotely close to being that iconic it would find a way in there.
IT IS it was the First Enterprise (timeline wise)
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM
My two energy credits:

TOS bridge is irrelevant because that was then and this is now. It sets a precedent that isn't mandatory to be followed in the new schedule apparently. Remember as well that when that interior launched we were also running the Devidian Series Episodes which not only featured TOS crew but were set in TOS era with TOS interiors.

The same can't be said for the NX era ... at this time. If they decide to make another timetravel mission to that era (*yawn*) then its got a better chance of getting on the schedule.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
IT IS it was the First Enterprise (timeline wise)
i know what it is, its still does not have a fraction of the iconic nature that TOS one has.

I guess i should add - 'in my opinion'.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Guys, guys, guys. Read what is being said! You all can make your own stuff. IN THE FOUNDRY.

Sweet ain't it?

Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 02:46 PM
<Gets Popcorn>

Hey neat.. It looks to me like another thread which may be designed to stir up discontent by trying to find contradictions. Now that the last one seems to be fizzling out I guess someone has gotta start a new issue to create more drama. But as before, this is just my opinion on what I perceive.

It would be sorta nifty to create our own bridges though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
<Gets Popcorn>

Hey neat.. It looks to me like another thread which may be designed to stir up discontent by trying to find contradictions. Now that the last one seems to be fizzling out I guess someone has gotta start a new issue to create more drama. But as before, this is just my opinion on what I perceive.
Sorry, but all of that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the thread and is off topic
Closed Thread