Lt. Commander
# 21
04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I read this thread with this music playing in my mind.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Nagus and Asakara, can you both get back to topic? Your getting off topic arguing if you are on topic, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyways, I kind of agree with what the person that said it makes sense putting in the TOS bridge and not the ENT bridge. The TOS one is the most iconic, because TOS is the most iconic Star Trek series. ENT wasn't really that popular.

It almost reminds me of Civs. I would rather put resources in to something that can give me alot of gold instead of making something that would not. A strange comparison, but, I think it fits. I think Cryptic is being very smart doing this, and, I'm guessing that they will eventually get to it. Maybe not now or next season, but, still.

Lt. Commander
# 23
04-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I thought he was the EP then as well, but I cant remember for sure. Thats an interesting question about CBS, as it would be nice to know going forward whether old ships are allowed or not.
Unfortunately I donīt have the vast archives you seem to have, but the TOS interior was released during the Devidian series if I remember correctly. That was clearly long before the f2p transition and Dstahls "vacation".

If Policy on older ships/assets has changed it would still create an odd situation given the amount of out-of-date stuff the game already has. Virtually all uniforms, tons of ships..... oh, my.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
I read this thread with this music playing in my mind.
have to agree xD
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Quite simply: How does the TOS connie bridge make sense in this game's time frame and the NX does not? Sorry you had such a hard time figuring it out, even though pretty much everyone else on the 1st page was able to.
LOL. You may want to read those posts again.

So the topic is:"How does the TOS connie bridge make sense in this game's time frame and the NX does not? "

Answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
not trying to argue here but what does the TOS bridge have to do with this? the question was posed then answered clearly. The TOS bridge has nothing to do with the NX. because it exists, does not mean the NX must.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I imagine the TOS bridge was an exception to the rule due to its hugely iconic nature. Im sure if the NX was even remotely close to being that iconic it would find a way in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattimus_Prime View Post
The TOS interior was made in a time when they thought it was reasonable to do so. They haven't ever used those art assets again, though, and figure it's just not worth the time to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
[font="Verdana"][color="LightBlue"]My two energy credits:

TOS bridge is irrelevant because that was then and this is now. It sets a precedent that isn't mandatory to be followed in the new schedule apparently. Remember as well that when that interior launched we were also running the Devidian Series Episodes which not only featured TOS crew but were set in TOS era with TOS interiors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Guys, guys, guys. Read what is being said! You all can make your own stuff. IN THE FOUNDRY.

Sweet ain't it?

Huh.. No offense to the posters I quoted there.. It seems to me that Revo is on track on answering your specific question (Prime's answer is iffy in my book): "How does the TOS connie bridge make sense in this game's time frame and the NX does not? "

Is Revo (and possbily Prime) considered "pretty much everyone" to you?

Also, it is too bad you did not think to post that specific question in your OP. Perhaps you should make your point more clear in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Sorry it takes you 15 mins to reply to my posts
Some of us have other things to do in life that is more important than these forums. You probably wouldn't understand.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
LOL. You may want to read those posts again.
All of those posts are discussing the TOS bridge, the NX bridge, and what makes sense(or doesnt). Sorry you had such a hard time understanding that. Do you have any other comments related to the actual subject of the thread?
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywiz
Anyways, I kind of agree with what the person that said it makes sense putting in the TOS bridge and not the ENT bridge. The TOS one is the most iconic, because TOS is the most iconic Star Trek series. ENT wasn't really that popular.
I must agree. Although both bridges were used by ships named Enterprise, not as many fans like the prequel series as the series that started it all, TOS. Unless we have a rash of fans clamoring for something like the NX bridge on the C-Store, I don't see it happening unless a dev-created mission calls for it.

Doesn't mean you can't fiddle around with repro'ing it on the Foundry though

In short: how can we have an NX Bridge Pack Response when there's not that much demand, save by one player (perhaps a handful of players)?
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Guys, guys, guys. Read what is being said! You all can make your own stuff. IN THE FOUNDRY.

Sweet ain't it?

I'm glad to see that the ol "cook your own interior" idea is still on the table. I'd much rather build my own bridge and interior using free floating consoles, chairs, and so on. What would be super sweet is if we could SHARE those environments for others to use as mission maps or interiors.
Closed Thread