Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I'd like to highly praise Sovek, our special DEV guest for the night in OPvP for visiting, takling and sharing his thoughts tonight. This attitude is what we all need from folks at Cryptic. Bottom line he amazed us all with his openness and honesty, and we would like to see more communication like this in the future. Even though there may be not "breaking changes" to pvp, this is a good start for us, and it seems that we would get a little love soon.

Again, thanks for reaching to us and we would like to see you in the queues!

Qapla' balh je!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Good to see Jesse getting back into PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2012, 06:34 AM
i didnt chime in much in the conversation because so many good things were being thrown out!

very very happy to see this.

have fun kill bad guys!

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2012, 07:58 AM
For Jesse, you should change that to "Have fun kill bad bugs" .

Or maybe that's just something for Borticus, and Jesse is to implement features?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2012, 12:00 PM
For those of us that missed the conversation, did anything important or especially interesting get said?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_House_of_Darok View Post
For those of us that missed the conversation, did anything important or especially interesting get said?
Well, I have to admit I planned to lay out the summary, but last night was a little late for me to do it. From everything he said, what's for sure is that we will get some new pvp content. How much, he just speculated, because he is not the one that takes final decisions and didn't want to put our hopes to high up. New content that we get is also depending on their manpower, because unfortunately pvpers are a small amount of players, which we all know already. They have some neat ideas though. What this content that we will get is gonna be, it's not for sure. We will definitely get some space.

He mentioned maybe a shuttle pvp in the vault. Maybe some fleet base assault. Also, the creator of Alpha for klinks is a big pvp fan, so this is a good thing since the mission is IMO one of the best pve content. We asked about some pvp gear, he didn't say no, but it is unlikely to get that very soon due some other priorities in the list. that is all that I can remember right now. They want to also add more gear, not pvp centered. Another aspect he stated is that there is so much going on in developing new stuff that is very hard for them to envision what may break in the future with those new releases. And also he asked us to be nice in forums, lol.

If I recall something else, I'll add it later. Also there were few more other pvpers on opvp, like captain H, Shelby, and few others. Please folks add anything that I have missed.

He specifically stated that all those are his personal thoughts, based on conversations with geko and other devs, but nothing official.

[edit] he said devs would like to increase faw accuracy, but only against non player ships, like pets and torpedos. So no worries from this point of view.