Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Cannon DPS Concerns...
04-07-2012, 01:12 AM
I haven't played in about a month and I noticed " cannons " for some reason are breaking through players shields extremely easy. I know about the shield deal with the field generator but that's not the point. But I notice I can't keep my shields on my OTC up for long unlike a month in serious pvp situations which I had no problems at all.

Did they change some mechanic regarding to shields or cannons or both? Something is up. Not sure what though.

On a side note my escort that I fly sometimes are destorying through shields too fast with cannons when they shouldn't be. Tank based players should be able to tank, not get blown up in a few seconds.

Any leads could be helpful. Any new exploits, hacks or bugs? Is Tet Glider still bugged or fixed? I'm going to have to talk to my contacts inside the best pvp fleets and find out what is going on.

Anyone notice the same thing? I got a bad feeling about this for some reason.

Take Care!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-07-2012, 06:00 AM
You're probably getting a dose of shield **** from CPB or Tachyon beam3 (neither skill has any resistance right now), was it primarily from MVAMs you were seeing this?

I've not noticed any lessening in durability on my engineer. Have you tried removing your Maco shields? I'll play around with some stuff today.

Also the yes the glider is still broken. Actually they broke it worse when they tried to fix it the last time. Now it -constantly- sucks your shields down on all facings, (vs just doing that when tac team was up) so that can also be it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-07-2012, 06:28 AM
maybe feeling suppression tet glider from cruisers and also burst from escorts?

my favorite ships to fly are my escorts and bops....they both seem unchanged over the past couple of patches.

also i feel just as strong in my cruiser. now my sci ship is another is a concern atm.

what about the +35 shield cap nerf...its just 18 now. have you worked through that yet?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
You're probably getting a dose of shield **** from CPB or Tachyon beam3 (neither skill has any resistance right now), was it primarily from MVAMs you were seeing this?

I've not noticed any lessening in durability on my engineer. Have you tried removing your Maco shields? I'll play around with some stuff today.

Also the yes the glider is still broken. Actually they broke it worse when they tried to fix it the last time. Now it -constantly- sucks your shields down on all facings, (vs just doing that when tac team was up) so that can also be it.
No it was from almost any klingon or federation player firing cannons. Didn't matter what class of escort or Klingon escort variants. Yes, I did do that and still no change. I know power insulators at maximum skills still have almost no effect, not sure why the ability exists. Doesn't do a damn thing.

Well if it still broken and made it worse that is probably why I can't tank on my cruiser like I used to. Let alone the fact my escort with this glider is tearing up people faster then they can react than a month ago. I see no challenge in using this glider and have refused to use it until they balance it out.

I just wish for once Cryptic would actually balance this damn game for five minutes. /sigh

Alright well thank you then for the help. Least I know what might be going on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
maybe feeling suppression tet glider from cruisers and also burst from escorts?

my favorite ships to fly are my escorts and bops....they both seem unchanged over the past couple of patches.

also i feel just as strong in my cruiser. now my sci ship is another is a concern atm.

what about the +35 shield cap nerf...its just 18 now. have you worked through that yet?
I'm still at the same capacity despite the change. So my shields are unchanged in terms of the grids. Nothing at all has changed on my ship since I have been gone for only a month.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Figured I'd ask about the Macos just incase The lolCryptic broke them again somehow (by making them suck.. now that would be hilarious) .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Figured I'd ask about the Macos just incase The lolCryptic broke them again somehow (by making them suck.. now that would be hilarious) .
At the rate new exploits, hacks, bugs, changes etc come out, I wouldn't be surprised. Never seen a game in 15 years of playing MMO's with so many problems before. It's almost....well there is no word to describe it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-07-2012, 06:52 AM
I'll extend that to console games I've played as well. (I do have high standards... but I have played both Corvette and Cygirls on the PS2 I knew they would suck but daaaaaaaam... those games were Terribad to the point that the latter was literally unplayable at points). Cryptic must be running for the worst dev studio award and feels they have to catch up to the 10 dollar when new games category.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I'll extend that to console games I've played as well. (I do have high standards... but I have played both Corvette and Cygirls on the PS2 I knew they would suck but daaaaaaaam... those games were Terribad to the point that the latter was literally unplayable at points). Cryptic must be running for the worst dev studio award and feels they have to catch up to the 10 dollar when new games category.
Yea for me UO 15 years " 1996-2012 ", WoW 5 years " 2004 - 2009 "
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Luke
At the rate new exploits, hacks, bugs, changes etc come out, I wouldn't be surprised. Never seen a game in 15 years of playing MMO's with so many problems before. It's almost....well there is no word to describe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I'll extend that to console games I've played as well. (I do have high standards... but I have played both Corvette and Cygirls on the PS2 I knew they would suck but daaaaaaaam... those games were Terribad to the point that the latter was literally unplayable at points). Cryptic must be running for the worst dev studio award and feels they have to catch up to the 10 dollar when new games category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Luke
Yea for me UO 15 years " 1996-2012 ", WoW 5 years " 2004 - 2009 "
Ya know.. I played City of Heroes when Cryptic Studos ran it. And it wasn't THIS bad. Even Champions Online isn't this bad. I hope things Iron themselves out soon..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM.