I love you.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
EDIT : Sorry, I meant the title to say Star Trek not STO :p

There is a lot I love about Star Trek.

But there are a few characters that really-really get under my skin.
Wesley Crusher is no doubt the first that comes to mind. But what about the others?

List yours here :p

... I will start
  • Keiko O'Brien
  • Kai Winn
I actually LOVED Kai Winn as a character! I hated her, but that's why I loved the character. She was such a complex villain!
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Ambassador Robert Fox... and all his ilk that followed through all the Trek Shows.

Dr. Sevrin and his entire motley crew.

Mr. Adventure.

Admiral Cartwright.

Elaan (gorgeous, but annoying).

..that's just a few I can think of at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Nothing agianst the actor. I hated Wesley Crusher... Utterly despised him as a snotty little *****. He was spoiled, special, loved, and everything I wasn't growing up. He was so Mary Sue as to be married to himself. He was that one kid I would want the teacher to look away from the class for a moment just so I could punch... Hard!

His writer should be shot in the hand and never allowed to work again. (Not literally only metaphorically.)
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Bajorans......I want to smack em all with a photon torp.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-07-2012, 12:50 PM
That guy from the original series. I forget his name. With the toupee and the girdle....
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Spot, i was never really a fan, allways hogging the screen time and seemed very arrogant and never really did anything but get in the way, the character never really developed in any meaningful way.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Anyone from Enterprise, but not counting them:

1. Neelix- Look everyone Jar-Jar learned to cook!
2. Wesley- Shutup Wesley!
3. Chakotay- My native american sense are tingling! It's sad that he had no real character beyond that.
4. Kes- Voyager got better by a lot without her.
5. The Bio-Neural Gelpack- It pretty much was a character in season 1
6. Deanna Troi- I still burst out in laughter when I see her flying in the green cloud thing
7. Kira Nerys- she got better in the last season, but other than that I couldn't really stand her
8. Ezri Dax- No really, you replaced Jadzia with a twelve year old?
9. Guinan- Whoopi Goldberg is overrated
10. Any character on any Trek in the first season- No Star Trek series had a good first season in my opinion. They all got better by differing degrees after that.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-07-2012, 01:09 PM
I find myself in a peculiar place with this question. I didnīt find any Star Trek character to be annoying. Sometimes boring or uninteresting yes, but not annoying.

And I really donīt understand why people would hate the Bajorans so much. After 60 years of opression, violence and murder, one certainly is entitled to not be overjoyed by it. The whole situation with the Bajorans and the Cardassians made for some of the most interesting story arcs and character portrayals.

Lt. Commander
# 30
04-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88
Neelix
This! Infinite times over! I took so much pleasure in the episode where Tuvok ran a holodeck program where he would choke Neelix to death. So much so that I would replay the scene over and over. By far the worst character ever envisioned.

If no one here has heard of SF Debris you should look it up as this guy has the same hatred of Neelix as I do. When he does reviews of Voyager episodes he has a section at the end he dubs "Stupid Neelix Moment".

Gosh, thinking about how much I dislike this character gets me worked up! lol!