Lt. Commander
# 41
04-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Without any specific order:
  • Kai Winn
  • Kirk (Hes just a overrated, egocentric snob)
  • Tasha Yar
  • Troi (both)
  • Kira Nerys (As Tasha Yar, i just hate overly agressive people)
  • Wesley (NOT Wil Wheaton!)
  • Janeway (she's just a psychpath)
  • Chakotay (he's a wimp)
  • B'Elanna Torres (did i mention that i hate agressive women? )
  • 7 of 9 (sometimes)
  • Pulaski

I just noticed that many of them are women... on the other hand i liked Jadzia and Ezri dax and Saavik (Kirstie Alley) very much for example, so i think it depends on how natural a character is being portrayed. Most of them on my list are mostly uncongenial in my opinion.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-07-2012, 10:34 PM
LOL The Genocidal tendencies of this thread are humorous.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
the Character Lwaxana was annoying. but I liked Mrs Roddenberry as Nurse Chapel and the ships computers up till her death.
I meant the character's, not Mrs Roddenberry. In many ways, she was as much a part of the Star Trek Franchise's birth as her husband.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
TOS: Kirk and every alien women he got it on with
TNG: BOTH Troi's, Weesly, Q!!!!!!, Pulaski
DS9: Q, Dukat, Winn,
Voy: 7, Seska, Q,
ENT: EVERYONE except phlox
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Uggghhh Pulawski or whatever I thought I forgot about that... ohhh gosh the horror... I bet you someone did a mock up of that character for the contact picture just to horrify me and give me nightmares.

I tell you the most annoying character has to be a close one between Pulawski (I like the sound of my own voice let me repeat that again for you)or whatever, Kes (of neelix your so jealous), Neelix (Can't you see the way he looks at you? Who cares she wont even live a whole decalde... I know everything and everyone in the quadrant... Except I really dont), Phlox (Oh Captain you wouldn't believe the whatever about whatever its really facinating... thats great phlox), Maywether (I'm a boomer!), and Hoshi (Uh I Uh Don't know if i can?!?!) have to be the most annoying ever.

So yeah those characters either can horrify you or make you wonder if these characters were created just to make star trek look bad.
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Dr. Julian Franken-shir. Bad enough he had to experiment on Vedek Bariel. Then his arrogant behavior was confirmed when it was revealed that he is actually a genetic augment. Which pretty much confirmed in my eyes that he was a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdraftbrn View Post
TOS: Kirk and every alien women he got it on with
TNG: BOTH Troi's, Weesly, Q!!!!!!, Pulaski
DS9: Q, Dukat, Winn,
Voy: 7, Seska, Q,
ENT: EVERYONE except phlox
I actually thought Enterprise had one of the better all around crews out of all the Trek series. The first few season weren't so hot; but they were really developing nicely before it got cancelled.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-08-2012, 01:33 AM
The Traveler, Sela, e-chip Data, Barclay, Kai Winn, Pulaski, and the Borg kids.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Captain Jonathan Archer (from Enterprise):

Jonathan Archer was given the most advanced human starship to ever be created (in that era anyways) and after his short mission to Q'nos was handed the keys and told go take a road trip anywhere you want. Unfortunately the Character's hatred and distrust of Vulcans more times than not completely overshadowed any of the "awe and wonderment" that there should have been. Personally I've never liked Scott Bakula as an actor because ever character he plays always comes off as being very flat.

Data with emotion chip:

I don't think anyone that grew up watching TNG will ever forget in ST: Generations when the ship was about to crash and Data said "Oh ****!" Honestly for the TNG generation that was as perfect as Dr. McCoy's "I'm a doctor not a ..." one liners were for the TOS generation. Unfortunately, CBS/Paramont didn't learn a lession that's been preached over and over countless times, quit while you're on top. The whole emotion chip arc really became quite pathetic and annoying after that.

Neelix:

Voyager "filler fluff" and should have been canon fodder. out of all the crew on that ship no one knew how to cook so they just HAD to add someone. The crew liked his cooking about as much as his information was helpful. If he was my tour guide around my apartment I would have demanded my money back let alone uncharted space. Voyagers core bridge crew never really had that "feeling" like the others show crews did.

Ezri Dax:

Yeah so most men thought she was hot, big f'ing deal. The Dax character lost all interest when they switched actresses.

Shinzon:

A 2 yr. old tempter tantrum in an adult clones body. The Federation did nothing to him, it was all Romulan's. They did enough of the good vs evil side of Picard when he was assimilated by the Borg.

Nero:

Hey my homeworld went boom and I got sucked back in time, but yeah instead of trying to convince my government in this time period that I'm really from the furture and we can still save our planet I'm going to sit around waiting for a Vulcan who showed up too late.

And last, but not least.....drum roll please.....

Reginal Barclay:

One of (if not) the most annoying "filler" characters ever created for anything EVER!

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Now on the reverse side one character I really wish they had developed differently was Icheb (sp?) from Voyager.

Janeway had 7 of 9 as her pet project and there were some good storylines and parts between them. Children/Teenagers are usually pretty resilient, but then again being assimilated by the Borg isn't exactly usual. I would have loved to see Chakotay take Icheb under his wing right from the beginning and through his native american culture and teaching help Icheb transition back from being a Borg and then go from there guiding him to becoming the young man he wants to be. There is just so much more they could have done from that perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Cheer up the Organians got ASSIMILATED