Lt. Commander
# 51
04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Rom. I don't care about the whole 'geek gets the girl' thing - everytime he spoke I wanted to push him into the transporter and scatter his atoms across the galaxy.

Nero: tissue-thin motivation, questionable tactics and NO common sense.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
KES!
Alexander
The little blond girl imaginary friend from that one episode of TNG. :::shudders:::
Keiko, definitely
Kes looked surprisingly hot with the right haircut. I believe she wore that only one episode, though...

Keiko, yeah, I never liked her. Nor Alexander. Kai WInn at least you could love to hate, though she was particularly nasty. Like finger nails on a chalkboard...
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Kes looked surprisingly hot with the right haircut. I believe she wore that only one episode, though...

Keiko, yeah, I never liked her. Nor Alexander. Kai WInn at least you could love to hate, though she was particularly nasty. Like finger nails on a chalkboard...
Completely agree r.e Kes. I don't agree that she was annoying and she actually looked pretty damn hot in 'Scorpion' wearing that catsuit, with the longer hair.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-08-2012, 05:17 AM
The mirror universe characters. In fact, the Mirror Universe in general.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Janeway and her string of crap decisions really annoyed me.

Every episode had a scene with someone giving some useful advice or valid input to a situation.
Her attitude was always; "Thank you for your concerns, but I will do what I want."
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
I meant the character's, not Mrs Roddenberry. In many ways, she was as much a part of the Star Trek Franchise's birth as her husband.
she had to mask her voice so it was distinguishable form the computer. hence why its so annoying
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_0
Nothing agianst the actor. I hated Wesley Crusher... Utterly despised him as a snotty little *****. He was spoiled, special, loved, and everything I wasn't growing up. He was so Mary Sue as to be married to himself. He was that one kid I would want the teacher to look away from the class for a moment just so I could punch... Hard!

His writer should be shot in the hand and never allowed to work again. (Not literally only metaphorically.)
That person being, The Great Bird-of-the-Galaxy... Eugene Wesley Roddenberry.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-08-2012, 11:55 AM
After Jar Jar, I siad the same thing about George Lucas too. So don't think I feel bad now. lol.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-09-2012, 09:36 AM
It's a toss between Dr. Polasky (it's a shame they wasted some of the best writing on her) and Guinnen. (I just hate Whoopie with a passion). After that all Bajorans, then Wesley, and finally Keiko.
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-09-2012, 09:55 AM
In Star Trek:

Most of the Klingons in later Trek TV bothered me.

Loud, blustery space-jocks who thought they were really impressive and scary when, typically, they weren't.

In general, they used the word `honor' to justify any and every action that the plot required, and they were easily manipulated into stupid and/or unwinnable battles with a few strategically-placed and totally-transparent insults.

I just found it really hard to believe in the later-series Klingons; that they actually represented a functioning culture and a viable galactic political state.

In Star Trek Online:

These days, I really dislike Captain Shon of the Enterprise-F, because his "worthiness" for that legendary command seemed so contrived to me.

He was a virtual (pun intended) nobody in the STO universe, until the last featured episode spent signiificant effort trying to "sell" him to the player base.

I realize random ship assignments happen in real life, but Star Trek is an ongoing fiction, not reality.

A storied starship deserves a storied crew, and in a game where characters like Akira Sulu and Miral Paris have already intersected with players' careers, Shon seems completely contrived and unworthy to me.

Oh, I also loathe Franklin Drake, but then, you're /supposed/ to hate him.

My opinions only. Yours may vary.

KOS