Lt. Commander
So let me get this right.

I have to go all the way back to Sol.
Ok.
I then have to find a security officer (center of starbase)
Alright.
So I can start a mission to turn in contraband
Still with you.
Then wait for two hours for it to be completed.
Well that seems about.....what a second...What???

I understand a cooldown between missions. However if we are doing all the running around then perhaps this 2 hour wait could go away.
(Edit)
Ok, people are not getting me.
Not commenting it needs to be repeated faster. I mean have the wait be the cooldown, not the progress. The way that goes right now seems odd to me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2012, 10:03 AM
There are Security Officers at K7, Starbase 39, Deep Space 9, and Ganalda now.

And the 2 hour cooldown is fine. You don't need several thousand dilithium in a few minutes when you can only refine 8/9k a day.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2012, 10:08 AM
It takes time to review several cargo containers to ensure they were actually illegal cargo. The game mechanics might not let you just stick some extra provisions in a box and call it contraband, but that doesn't mean the game world has to assume you didn't.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2012, 10:21 AM
There is a amount of time it takes to complete the mission. What I am talking about.
And a cooldown period before you can do the mission again. What I am not talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2012, 10:23 AM
You get TWO THOUSAND dilithium as a reward. It only makes sense that it involve a little extra effort than a standard mission you get FIVE dilithium for.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Will try this again.

My whole point is not to do it faster, not even as much to free up the officer quicker.
It is that you look like yo are doing the leg work that is now added to start this doff mission and yet the mission takes the same amount of time.

Before:
You send out a shuttle from somewhere in space back to starbase to turn in contraband. Officer returns.

Now:
You go to starbase, make an appointment to turn the contraband in at a later date. You return to your ship and return to where you were. Then you send the contraband back to the starbase you just left.

Short version. The DMV still runs things.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2012, 10:57 AM
The before version also had a long cooldown time attached after you completed the mission.

I'll trade the long cooldown time for a quick jog to the nearest starbase to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankinBass
The before version also had a long cooldown time attached after you completed the mission.

I'll trade the long cooldown time for a quick jog to the nearest starbase to do it.

Bang on!

2hour wait, after dropping into ESD or DS9 for 2mins, and then be able to do it straight away...rather than 20h (Or 24/28h not 100% sure) wait until you can do it again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:

I'm fine with the long cooldown. It isn't like I feel a need to do that mission to death.
My comment has little to do with repeating the mission. Not the going to the starbase. It's a mission I only do when I am there.

It's just that one part that strikes me in a odd way.

Like how some missions have you take people prisoner, yet you have a empty brig.
You have an impulse engine, but no warp drive.
They have special shields that change your hull, but not any hull plating that does.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Wouldn't you be making the trip anyway to sell stuff off to the exchange and/or vendors anyway?