Lt. Commander
# 1 Bortasq
04-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Ok, with the sale on this weekend, I bought the set.
I hate the ship

1) It doesn't pitch when it turns in combat. only in sector space and it looks bad
2) the bop is nice but. Like its oddysey counterpart, blows up too quickly
3) bridge is odd. A door that doesn't work??
So, in comparison to the marauder
The bortasq has better hp's and univerasal slots
But the marauder moves better and it's pets repawn faster when they blow upmaking them more effective

Result: don't buy
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Ok, with the sale on this weekend, I bought the set.
I hate the ship

1) It doesn't pitch when it turns in combat. only in sector space and it looks bad
2) the bop is nice but. Like its oddysey counterpart, blows up too quickly
3) bridge is odd. A door that doesn't work??
So, in comparison to the marauder
The bortasq has better hp's and univerasal slots
But the marauder moves better and it's pets repawn faster when they blow upmaking them more effective

Result: don't buy
There are three doors in the bridge. One doesn't work because there is nothing in the game created to put behind it. It is no different than the many doors in the decks of all the ships in this game that do nothing.

You have to learn to fly a Bortasqu. It is a good ship once you do..

My advice is to dump all three of the universal consoles. You'd have been better off just buying the Science version and call it good.
Lt. Commander
# 3 i love mine
04-08-2012, 09:47 AM
i have mine set up for stf's. I run full distruptor, 1 quad cannon, 2 HDC, 1 DBB in front, and 4 turrets in aft, all MK XII. And i bought only the tactical one as im am a tac officer for one main reason. it has 5 tac consoles. 5 + distrupter damage consoles, and that does increas the autocannons damage. I have to run 2 eps flow regulators, think i have the +70% ones, just to keep my power from droping. but i do massive damage when all my buffs are running. i can solo elite cubes, and punch holes in tac cubes. it is a beast and i dont use it for pvp, but in stf's its a wonderful thing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2012, 03:40 PM
in stf's it is hard. Once you get agro from the Elite tacs and "need a breather", it is so very hard to get to 10k away.
i am having a hard time finding a "place" for it.
I have it set up similarly to the oddie and it isn't nearly as versitile.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
also, one of the things that grinds my gears is that the only good travelling set is the borg set.
But you can't have the borg set at all on him.

On the marauder, you not only can keep the borg engines on him, but you can also afford to put the borg assimilation module and then you are smoking.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I`m using The prototype Bortas! I have armed mine with Antiproton Weapons. and She does pretty good in battle!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2012, 05:39 AM
I also have proto one. For tanking cubes in STF its perfect (em, if you are engy that is). But a switched back to the Hegh'ta cos is sloooow(Odyssey is F1 in comparison). :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Unless you are using the Command version that has 2 science console slots the BortasQu is not much different from the Proto-Bortas.
It makes a good beam boat but can do ok with SIngle Cannons and Turrets as well.
Its slower than the VoQ though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferato321 View Post
i have mine set up for stf's. I run full distruptor, 1 quad cannon, 2 HDC, 1 DBB in front, and 4 turrets in aft, all MK XII. And i bought only the tactical one as im am a tac officer for one main reason. it has 5 tac consoles. 5 + distrupter damage consoles, and that does increas the autocannons damage. I have to run 2 eps flow regulators, think i have the +70% ones, just to keep my power from droping. but i do massive damage when all my buffs are running. i can solo elite cubes, and punch holes in tac cubes. it is a beast and i dont use it for pvp, but in stf's its a wonderful thing.
EPS helps move power, not so much restore power.

This change was made some time ago. Simple enough to test, take out the EPS and see if there's a difference.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2012, 06:45 AM
It may be that the consoles are not working. It turns a lot slower than the oddy
Plus I am using pattern omega and a turn console.
Something I am not with the fed version. I am pretty sure it is broken.