Lt. Commander
Ok, I have to ask this. What is the point in me taking part just to get the free Phoenix starship when its nothing more than a non combative pet. I mean really I was about to go over to pick it up thinking at first it was a starship you can actually control yourself but then found out it was just a pet.

I have to ask, what is up with all these pets? I mean do they really think people wouldnt want things like the Phoenix as a real starship just to cruise around in. Or maybe role play with to travel to mars to pick up a new starship they just bought to make the game more role play like for themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2012, 11:25 AM
There aren't many pets that do not have a flyable counter-part. Generally pets that you cannot fly are not flyable for a reason. The reason tends to be, it makes no sense to fly it.

It's completely unarmed, and thus, unarmored. It's extremely slow, at least lore-wise.

There may be a mission at some point, where you get to fly the Phoenix, or at least a replica of it.

Personally, I love having a mountain of space pets, I just wish there was a single button to bring them all out at once!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJamz View Post
There aren't many pets that do not have a flyable counter-part. Generally pets that you cannot fly are not flyable for a reason. The reason tends to be, it makes no sense to fly it.

It's completely unarmed, and thus, unarmored. It's extremely slow, at least lore-wise.

There may be a mission at some point, where you get to fly the Phoenix, or at least a replica of it.

Personally, I love having a mountain of space pets, I just wish there was a single button to bring them all out at once!
Don't be silly... The Phoenix is part-nuke... at least give it a ramming speed option xD...

Na... non-combat pet is fine
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah. But it would be cool to be able to use it in combat, but have it not shoot anything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:

You know, that replica mission would've been a nice mission idea for First Contact Day for Federation players.

Maybe have it tied to crafting and the DOFF system where you assemble the replica Phoenix and then take it out for a spin for FC Day. Have it you enter warp and back (be cool if we could have technology where we could see Earth get smaller and then larger on the return), then be part of the reinactment of the First Contact at Bozeman, Montana.

That would give a reason to include Cochranes base and also see that Cochrane statue.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:

I dont recal the Captains yatch having weapons, unless I am mistaken on that but you can fly the captains yatch. Theres also the galieo shuttle which I never once seen equipped with weapons in TOS.

The point isnt about it not being of no use cause its not armed. The pets dont serve a purpose as well since most of them are non combative and just follow you around.

To me the pets make zero sense and have zero purpose, which is why I am wondering why we have them over flyable ships. Atleast having a Phoenix that is flyable ourselves we would get something out of it by going where we want to or role playing or what ever the player wanted to use it for.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:

MAKE IT SO !

And make a separate bank for pets please :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
I dont recal the Captains yatch having weapons, unless I am mistaken on that but you can fly the captains yatch. Theres also the galieo shuttle which I never once seen equipped with weapons in TOS.

The point isnt about it not being of no use cause its not armed. The pets dont serve a purpose as well since most of them are non combative and just follow you around.

To me the pets make zero sense and have zero purpose, which is why I am wondering why we have them over flyable ships. Atleast having a Phoenix that is flyable ourselves we would get something out of it by going where we want to or role playing or what ever the player wanted to use it for.
The Enterprise-E's Yacht did have weapons. If you recall Data was flying it as part of the distraction when they were beaming the Sona off their bridge.

And TOS shuttle, I do recall weapons being used at least once.

And pets are just for people who want them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
The Enterprise-E's Yacht did have weapons. If you recall Data was flying it as part of the distraction when they were beaming the Sona off their bridge.

And TOS shuttle, I do recall weapons being used at least once.

And pets are just for people who want them.
I recently watched all 3 seasons of TOS and never once saw the galieo shuttle shooting weapons. Maybe I missed that part but I doubt it.

Aside from that I mean the captains yatch in the game. I dont recall seeing any weaons listed on it when I was picking out a shuttle for the DS9 content that we just had.

I also realize pets are for people that want them. But I just dont see why we have non combat pets being given out as rewards or loot. For those of us that dont want them cause they serve no purpose its like a slap in the face.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Put the Borg engines to make the ship go warp 10! Ha ha ha. Otherwise the ship would fly at warp 1?
Closed Thread