Lt. Commander
# 21
04-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
I dont recal the Captains yatch having weapons, unless I am mistaken on that but you can fly the captains yatch. Theres also the galieo shuttle which I never once seen equipped with weapons in TOS.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
Not even that, it was nuclear missile converted, and with the conversion made after a Nuclear War ...
The warhead's fuel was probably used for the reactor that feed the Warp Nacelle.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJamz View Post
Personally, I love having a mountain of space pets, I just wish there was a single button to bring them all out at once!
I never understood the need of some people to get Space pets, for me tey are just a waste of bank space and completely pointless.
If this where a Fantasy game, where our characters would wander through a more medieval i would be ok with having some pets. But in Space?
I just don't get the point of having a "pace Pet", in my opinion they are just pointless and unfunny, if they would have a function i could understand it, but just having a tiny space ship following you just goes beyond me...

Even on ground i think they just don't belong to his game at all. I would never take a (real) pet to such dangerous places as alien planets. I would be ok if they would live on crew deck of your ship interior, though.
(i think that would be cool.)

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-07-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm hoping the crafting revamp includes a mission to get a blueprint to convert the Phoenix back into a nuclear missile so it can be fired at my enemies. :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
Gotta say though, this line of reasoning is pretty shaky given we have NX ships, Connies, etc. as well. And we have federation and KDF players flying around in Jem'Hadar attack ships, Galors, and soon-to-be Ferengi merchant vessels... so having ships non-flyable because it doesn't make sense... well that pretty much goes out the window.
NX: Replica Using 2409 Tech
TOS Connie: Replica using 2409 Tech
TMP Connie: retrofitted to 2409 Tech.
Jem'hadar and Galor class: Spoils of war used to help[ bolster fleet numbers in a rather massive war with many different foes.
Ferengi Merchant vessel: Ferengi do arm their ships.... though why the hell anyone would fly one, you got me on, so i'll give you that one.

Pheonix: Designed around a friggin nuclear missile with no room for any weapons or shielding systems with a Warp 1 drive. I'd rather leave this one as a pet.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-07-2012, 08:17 PM
ooh, ooh! What about making it a device and turning it into a reusable fighter-like thing? Makes everyone happy; it's got some sort of role, but... STILL USELESS!
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
Jem'hadar and Galor class: Spoils of war used to help[ bolster fleet numbers in a rather massive war with many different foes.
Ferengi Merchant vessel: Ferengi do arm their ships.... though why the hell anyone would fly one, you got me on, so i'll give you that one.

Pheonix: Designed around a friggin nuclear missile with no room for any weapons or shielding systems with a Warp 1 drive. I'd rather leave this one as a pet.
NX and Connie can be "recreated using 2409 tech" yet the Phoenix cannot?

I agree that the Phoenix works better as a pet than a flyable ship but the line of reasoning that it "doesn't make sense" is totally bogus, given the selection of available and upcoming ships in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari

Or...

Just let players fly whatever the hell they damn well wanna fly.

(I agree with the above poster, why can't the Phoenix "replica" be using 2409 tech?!?)

TL;DR: I'm fed up with 200+ year old ships being in 2409. But if your gonna add older ships from ANY era into STO, let the players fly them.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Maybe something for next year.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
And pets are just for people who want them.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-Whut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
But in Space?
I just don't get the point of having a "pace Pet", in my opinion they are just pointless and unfunny, if they would have a function i could understand it, but just having a tiny space ship following you just goes beyond me...Live long and prosper.
Comic Sans, really?!?
Anyway, I love the idea of spaceship pace pets. While not a Star Trek tradition, you see it in just about every other space-genre storyline:

Galactica = player ship, fleet = pace pets.
Luke Skywalker's X-wing = player ship, the rest of Red Wing = pace pets.
Dr. Who = player character, K-9 (and in most episodes, all the other companions) = pace pet.
Closed Thread