Lt. Commander
# 31
04-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgig00 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-Whut?

Comic Sans, really?!?
Anyway, I love the idea of spaceship pace pets. While not a Star Trek tradition, you see it in just about every other space-genre storyline:

Galactica = player ship, fleet = pace pets.
Luke Skywalker's X-wing = player ship, the rest of Red Wing = pace pets.
Dr. Who = player character, K-9 (and in most episodes, all the other companions) = pace pet.
It's FONT="Georgia".

In BSG the fleet always was something that had to to be protected, which is (fortunately) not the case at Space pets and since space pets are completely useless i don't see them as something like a fighter squad. Dr. who... not my cup of tea.

I like the idea of one ship, one crew, one captain, a tiny (and useless) space ship zipping around is just too goofy imo.
I think it just doesn't suit to the atmosphere of a Star Trek game. Other games with a more children friendly atmosphere like WOW or something like that, are ok to have pets.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-08-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
NX and Connie can be "recreated using 2409 tech" yet the Phoenix cannot?

I agree that the Phoenix works better as a pet than a flyable ship but the line of reasoning that it "doesn't make sense" is totally bogus, given the selection of available and upcoming ships in the game.
where the hell would they put all the tech? the warp core and engines alone would take up a majority of the missile. where would they stick the deflector array? the sensors? shields?
Ensign
# 33
01-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Maybe its me but I like to fly the Phoenix after ISE or KASE is finished , just before I leave the map. Feels like I'm rubbing it in the Borg's face.
Career Officer
# 34
01-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Holy Necro Robin! Pass The Anti-necro-thread Batspray!
Captain
# 35
01-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyism3003 View Post
Maybe its me but I like to fly the Phoenix after ISE or KASE is finished , just before I leave the map. Feels like I'm rubbing it in the Borg's face.
You aren't supposed to post in threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
Holy Necro Robin! Pass The Anti-necro-thread Batspray!
I think Bluegeek still has it from the last necro thread he killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
That's right it's going to be another K'vort thread!
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Neeeeeecro thread
Captain
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Ok, I have to ask this. What is the point in me taking part just to get the free Phoenix starship when its nothing more than a non combative pet. I mean really I was about to go over to pick it up thinking at first it was a starship you can actually control yourself but then found out it was just a pet.

I have to ask, what is up with all these pets? I mean do they really think people wouldnt want things like the Phoenix as a real starship just to cruise around in. Or maybe role play with to travel to mars to pick up a new starship they just bought to make the game more role play like for themselves.
You're lucky they give you anything for it, a free non combat pet is better than nothing.
Closed Thread