Lt. Commander
# 21
04-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostzephyr
Wow, that is amazing. Thank you soo much for your hard work! There is one thing though; the answer is probably very obvious, but I'm a bit of a derp thanks to work... with the way the Foundry mucks up the actor names [I've had actors 1-5 and 9-14 making up one group once], ship #1 would mean the lowest actor# in the formation right? And continue from there?
Yes, it's from the lowest. Whatever they're actually named by the Foundry has no bearing whatsoever.

However, you bring up an important point. When you copy a group, the actors get scrambled. So you'll have to reskin every time you copy a group. I believe that location (bottom up) still determines what spawns though.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Is it possible you used the Fighter - 01 group, because that should be 3 fighters and a frigate by default.

Actually, considering how that group scales I think it would be more accurate to call it "Mixed" because it really never has more than 3 fighters, and as you add more players it ends up being less and less fighter centric.
You're absolutely right, and there you have the frigate listed on your chart for Fighter 01, I'm sure that must be what I used. Well there you have it folks if you want just fighters for your solo missions, use Fighter 02!
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I guess that if you have an NPC ship that's supposed to launch fighters, it's worth noting in mission descriptions that it's best [or at least slightly more immersive] for one player.
Career Officer
# 24
10-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Bad news: With the new way that things are listed in the object list, it's almost impossible to properly identify the individual actors anymore.

As you label them, the actors get scrambled. The only way you can possibly tell which actor is which is by position, and gathering information on that would be extremely difficult.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 25
10-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Bad news: With the new way that things are listed in the object list, it's almost impossible to properly identify the individual actors anymore.

As you label them, the actors get scrambled. The only way you can possibly tell which actor is which is by position, and gathering information on that would be extremely difficult.
I work around this by renaming every actor in a mob "A", "B", "C", etc. and sticking the mob right in front of my spawn point so I can see which one is which in the map preview. This trick is even more useful for space maps, so you can see which ship(s) in your mob are actually spawning and which aren't. Tedious as all hell, yes, but it works.