Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm mainly looking for PvE advice on some c-store ships/consoles that you might consider must have or just plain fun.

My toon is a tactical captain. I want to fly a BoP at "end game" pugging normal STFs mainly.

I'd like to do some pvp so any advice on that end is welcome.

Thanks a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2012, 02:13 PM
There's not necessarily any killer device or ship. The Bio-Neural thing is supposed to be good (fire from beyond 10k range, shielded Tricobalt weapon), but that is based on what it does now & not down the road when it is whacked by the nerf Bat'leth.

The only real question is whether or not you want the B'rel Retrofit in your BoP list. It shines as a Torpedo/Mine platform. Otherwise, it's probably worse than the Hegh'ta if you're going to decloak and run a gunship. There's really nothing necessary about the B'rel at all unless you're a big fan of the classic look & the enhanced battle cloak.

Nothing is really necessary. The biggest thing for a BoP is pilot skill & judgment, which can't be bought off the c-store. BoPs are not cruisers, where shielding & hull forgive many mistakes. It's a lot about judgment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2012, 11:26 PM
IMOHPO...
Get the Plamatic Leech from the Vandal (I think) destroyer first.
After that, hard to say.
Depends on what you want to spec in.
Examine all the Cstore ships (T4 and down) that have special ability consoles, think how they might or might not compliment your style of gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys.

The Leech console was one I thought seemed cool, and being always on, completely passive was a plus though boring

I was also interested in the Sub Space Jump Console, it lets you appear behind your target. Sounds like fun. Have any experience with that one?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2012, 01:12 AM
The KDF isn't worth playing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catliketyping
The only real question is whether or not you want the B'rel Retrofit in your BoP list. It shines as a Torpedo/Mine platform. Otherwise, it's probably worse than the Hegh'ta if you're going to decloak and run a gunship. There's really nothing necessary about the B'rel at all unless you're a big fan of the classic look & the enhanced battle cloak.
Hegh'Ta is the way to go, this cloaking stuff on the B'Rel is fun but overall the only thing to discuss about this ship is where it's more useless, in PvP or PvE while the Hegh'Ta performs good overall in both areas either solo or in a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnSassy
That's one of the many things cryptic doesn't have money/time to fix while other crap nobody asked for seems to get priority.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnSassy
Thank you for your opinion I have deemed it to be irrelevant to my enjoyment of playing as KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2012, 05:18 AM
At "end game" you don't need to have C-store ships to be effective.

Hegh'ta is a very good bop and can be very deadly with a good build.

I have the Bre'l retrofit because i love this bop , but it is an affective choice, not a tactical choice.

This bop is more "technical" to pilot (less crew, less hull).

I did not chose the torpedoes boat option and i have a decent pvp kill score with a "standard build"

(3 heavy canons 1 torpedoes AFT and 2 turrets REAR).

you can imagine any build you want : it depend of your gameplay.

I do not regret the 1600 C spent.

one word : enjoy and have fun with Klingon faction
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks.

Maybe I should reword it, I guess I'm more interested in fun consoles, like on my defiant I use the impulse capacitance cell for a huge in combat speed boost. Is it needed? No, but it's very fun and looks cool.

That's why the sub space jump seemed interesting to me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2012, 03:31 PM
You can get the impulse capacitance cell as KDF via the special requisition pack - starship console box. I'm betting that it'd be several million EC on the exchange now that the cardy lock box event is over, though.