Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
This sounds interesting - a Shadowrun single player game, crowd-funded: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dowrun-returns
(Note there is also a Shadowrun MMO in the works, this is a single player game.)

Launched by (one of)? the original creator of Shadowrun!

Battletech, Shadowrun, looks like an interesting future for gamers.

Mustrum "Shadowrun was my first RPG love" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-08-2012, 06:04 AM
hope the MMO is not as terrible as that xbox title was.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
hope the MMO is not as terrible as that xbox title was.
We'll see, but it may interest you to know that one of the guys that worked on the X-Box title is working for the aforementioned crowd-funded single player game team - he hopes to redeem himself, I believe. (He is holding a sign in the video saying sorry and thrown at with old vegetables :p).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
This sounds interesting - a Shadowrun single player game, crowd-funded: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dowrun-returns
(Note there is also a Shadowrun MMO in the works, this is a single player game.)

Launched by (one of)? the original creator of Shadowrun!

Battletech, Shadowrun, looks like an interesting future for gamers.

Mustrum "Shadowrun was my first RPG love" Ridcully
Cool, we used to play Shadowrun back then.... (way too long ago...)
I am glad that there are stilll some Single player games out there, everything seems to focus more and more on MMOs ().


Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-08-2012, 09:34 AM
i played SR on SNES, the 3/4 view run/gun hacking game. it was pretty cool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Shadow Run is a great game, I'll be interested to see what they do with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
Cool, we used to play Shadowrun back then.... (way too long ago...)
I am glad that there are stilll some Single player games out there, everything seems to focus more and more on MMOs ().


Live long and prosper.
I like the idea of a Shadowrun MMO, but a Shadowrun single player CRPG sounds also awesome.

An MMO could have great potential for PvP and Raid type scenarios, and interesting forms of character advancement (spells, cyberware, weapons, alternate gameplays like creating your own Gang perhaps).

A CRPG means a great chance for storytelling but still infinitely repeatable gameplay elements. They're also planning a mission editor available to the public, which always opens awesome opportunities.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 AM.