Lt. Commander
lately im getting doffs from duty officer exchange or Asylum missions that only have one Trait . is this intended? i find it hard that a rare officer only has 1 trait making them rather useless or a candidate for the next Exchange assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Which exchange and which officers?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2012, 11:32 AM
i got a common eng doff with 1 trait only too today. Sadly i used for the 5x1 trade in the academy
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I've been playing the "Doff game" quite a bit the last couple of days, so I can't swear on where I picked her up (I believe it was a Bolian cultural exchange.)...

But I 've got a blue... I mean rare female Bolian Shield Distribution Officer named Siohxx Dlell and her one and only trait is... Congenial.

Okay, that might be fitting for Bolians in general, but it looks somewhat cute among the other rare Doffs who got 3+ traits.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2012, 01:29 PM
So, your female Bolian duty officer rose through the ranks of common and uncommonality with only her bubbly personality?

Is this Bolian supposed to be a dev's metaphor for something in Real Life(tm)? :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Bolians are frequently *only* Congenial
Trill are frequently *only* Teamwork
Rigelians are not uncommonly *only* Spiritual
Caitians sometimes only get one trait (and its usually a bad one)

When these races do have more than one trait its only 2.

And there are races who typically only have 2, including Benzites and Betazoids.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2012, 06:25 PM
sīreti
Species:caitan
uncommon

Traits:agressive

got him from culturel Exchange

mīzeorr
Species:caitan
uncommon

Traits:agressive
Asylum on Caitan

Siexx glill
Species:bolian
Rare

Traits: Congenial

Asylum on Bolarus

Jonrar
Species:trill
Rare

Traits:Teamwork
Asylum on Trill

also had a Bajoran Uncommon Dutty officer with only Spiritual but i tradet him in for a Cardassian Duty officer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2012, 09:00 AM
I've had most of my single trait DOFFs for a while so not 100% on where many of them came from, but here we go:

Zayerroov
Rigelian - Very Rare - Research Lab Scientist
Traits: Spiritual
I think I got him from the 5:1 DOFF Compactor

Tirin
Trill - Very Rare - Botonist
Traits: Teamwork - Specializes in using others to pull him to the top... :-|
I did get him from Trill Asylum - Quite possibly one of the most worthless Very Rares I have based on Traits and Specialization

Simil Pitaddla
Betazoid - Rare - Chef
Traits: Telepathic - I guess he had mental blackmail :-P
Not sure where he came from

Siooki
Rigelian - Rare - Projectile Weapons Officer
Traits: Spiritual
Not sure where I got him

The rest have probably ended up being "compacted". And I can see where Commons and even Uncommons might have only one trait, but when you start getting into Rare and especially Very Rare it is ridiculous to think you would only have one trait
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2012, 03:26 PM
At least I haven't found any with ONLY Founders of the Federation. That would be a sad DOFF indeed...

I'd also be tempted to call a DOFF with Founders of the Federation and only 1 other Trait a Single trait DOFF, but that is just me...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2012, 03:35 PM
The question I'm still curious about is: Are single-trait DoFFs bugged or common? Should we see them in the wild? I've never though much about them, aside from the fact they kinda suck....