Lt. Commander
Hey all,

I am a returning player. I played the first month the game came out and did every mission there was. So now 2 years+ later I return and I am VA 50 yet there is so many new missions/episodes that I have the level for but it won't let me hail the person to get the mission. Specifically all the Borg, Breen, Udine episodes. Some of the cardassian and Romulan ones are greyed out some I can do but out of order. Any clue as to what may be going on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastmasterflex
Hey all,

I am a returning player. I played the first month the game came out and did every mission there was. So now 2 years+ later I return and I am VA 50 yet there is so many new missions/episodes that I have the level for but it won't let me hail the person to get the mission. Specifically all the Borg, Breen, Udine episodes. Some of the cardassian and Romulan ones are greyed out some I can do but out of order. Any clue as to what may be going on?
2800 is part of the Cardassian missions, but when it was released you could do the FE as an FE, at lower level and without having the prior missions. Once done, they can be repeated regardless of normal prereqs.

For anything not done, though, you have to do the regular mission sequence to unlock it.

That is probably what is happening. The missions you can do are ones you likely have done before (or are at the bottom of chains).

At least that is how it seems to work....
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2012, 05:45 PM
So to be able to do the Borg, Breen and Udine episodes I have to do all the other episodes missions before I get offered to do those missions even if I am level 50?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2012, 07:37 PM
You can skip missions, but you have to actively opt to - whichever mission you're currently gated at will have a Skip button. Click that, and it'll enable the next in line. You can skip all the way through if you want.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 10:50 AM
At VA50 you should receive a quest to speak to a klingon @ DS9 about join Omega. He'll send you the NPC to start the Borg front. From there they must be unlocked in sequence. Borg, Breen, then Undine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy1701 View Post
At VA50 you should receive a quest to speak to a klingon @ DS9 about join Omega. He'll send you the NPC to start the Borg front. From there they must be unlocked in sequence. Borg, Breen, then Undine.

Not VA50

RAUH- 45.. as I just hit that last night, and immediately I got a hail from the Klingon on DS9 asking me to come talk to him about joining Omega... so that starts as early as RAUH-45...

Now more on topic, in relation to skipping missions.

When we skip a mission; can we still go back to do them; or are they "skipped" and no longer accessible?

I am just finishing the Romulan missions, and would like to skip through the Cardassian ones to jump ahead and do the Breen, Borg and Undine missions so I can get some of the equipment for my ship from those missions... But then again, with that in mind, if this supposed "Klingon" on DS9 asking me to come join some Omega thing, is supposedly the means of unlocking these missions... then why do I need to skip others to get to them?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep75
When we skip a mission; can we still go back to do them; or are they "skipped" and no longer accessible?
Yes. I accidentally clicked "Skip" on an early Klingon mission, and it immediately enabled the "Replay" button. However, because it's now a replay, you can only get the replay rewards - mostly this means the XP is halved, sometimes the item choices are a bit different.