Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Galor setup help
04-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Hello everyone,

I recently was lucky and got a GalorCruiser from a box,
I just need some advice on how I should outload the shop.

I used to fly the excel refit c store ship and noticed this is alot more
zippy. I'm a tac captain.

So far this is the config I have.

Fore
Spiral disrupters x 3
Quantum xi epic Borg

Aft
Spiral disrupter x1
2 x disruptor array XI ( from past imperfection)
Photon torp.

Devices
Red matter cap
Scorpion fighters
anti matter spread
Shield battery

Consoles
Borg console
AimIng to get 3 x coils mk xi ( have 2 so far)
Shield + 35%
+ 18 resist to all
32% turn rate.

My boff layout is roughly as follows
Eng - engineer team 1, engineer team 2, DEM 2, Aceton Beam 3, polarize hull (not 100% sure on that skill)
Sci - sci team 1
Tac - tac team 1, HY1, FAW2, APO, EPTW2

Basically I am wanting to squeeze the most out of this cruiser I can for STFs and dps
in general while still having some survival mechanisms.

Thanks again in advance
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaru
Hello everyone,

I recently was lucky and got a GalorCruiser from a box,
I just need some advice on how I should outload the shop.

I used to fly the excel refit c store ship and noticed this is alot more
zippy. I'm a tac captain.

So far this is the config I have.

Fore
Spiral disrupters x 3
Quantum xi epic Borg

Aft
Spiral disrupter x1
2 x disruptor array XI ( from past imperfection)
Photon torp.

Devices
Red matter cap
Scorpion fighters
anti matter spread
Shield battery

Consoles
Borg console
AimIng to get 3 x coils mk xi ( have 2 so far)
Shield + 35%
+ 18 resist to all
32% turn rate.

My boff layout is roughly as follows
Eng - engineer team 1, engineer team 2, DEM 2, Aceton Beam 3, polarize hull (not 100% sure on that skill)
Sci - sci team 1
Tac - tac team 1, HY1, FAW2, APO, EPTW2

Basically I am wanting to squeeze the most out of this cruiser I can for STFs and dps
in general while still having some survival mechanisms.

Thanks again in advance
Well, where to start, oh thats right the Boffs, SCRAP THEM ALL, totally useless setup

Something like this

Eng. Lt. - EPtW1 / EPtS2
Eng. Cmd. - EPtW1 / EPtS2 / RSP2 / A2SiF3
Tac. Lt. - TT1 / HYT2
Tac. Lt. - Cmd. - BO1 / HYT2 / APO1
Sci. Ens. - HE1
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-10-2012, 08:33 AM
My PvE / STF Galor for Tactical captain:

Front
3x AP Beam Arrays Mk XI [Borg]
1x Quantum Torp Mk XI [Borg]

Aft
3x AP Beam Arrays Mk XI [Borg]
1x Quantum Torp Mk XI [Borg]

(tried with 4x Spiral Wave Disruptor + 2x [Borg] Disruptors and full [Borg] Polaron Arrays with Jem'Hadar set too, this AntiProton setup seems to be the best so far)

BOffs:
1x Tac Lt.Cmdr. / Tac Team I + Torp High Yield II + Torp Spread III (I love torps. and these buffs work better for me than beam weapon buffs)
1x Sci Lt. / Hazard Emitters I + Sci Team II (Eng and Sci debuffs, heal)
1x Sci Ens. / Polarize Hull I (against tractor beams)
1x Eng Lt / Emergency to Shields I + Eng Team II
1x Eng Cmdr. / Eng Team I + Reverse Shield Pol II + Aux to Structural II + Aceton Beam II (could use Warp Plasma instead, maybe I'll try it some time).

Consoles:
Eng: Ablative XI, Borg Universal, 2x RCS XI (yay! over 20 turn rate )
Sci: Field Gen XI, Shield Emitter Amplifier XI (+35% shields, +13% regen)
Tac: Quantum XI, 2x AP XI

Devices:
Hmh, I don't think I ever used a ship device / battery.

Borg Deflector (so I get the Autonomous Regeneration thingy)
MACO Shields XI + MACO Engines XI for Magnetoplasma Relays.

And pretty much that's it. Unless I'm very drunk, I can survive just about anything in Normal STF. "Standard" PvE is a breeze
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homotrollicus
My PvE / STF Galor for Tactical captain:

Front
3x AP Beam Arrays Mk XI [Borg]
1x Quantum Torp Mk XI [Borg]

Aft
3x AP Beam Arrays Mk XI [Borg]
1x Quantum Torp Mk XI [Borg]

(tried with 4x Spiral Wave Disruptor + 2x [Borg] Disruptors and full [Borg] Polaron Arrays with Jem'Hadar set too, this AntiProton setup seems to be the best so far)

BOffs:
1x Tac Lt.Cmdr. / Tac Team I + Torp High Yield II + Torp Spread III (I love torps. and these buffs work better for me than beam weapon buffs)
1x Sci Lt. / Hazard Emitters I + Sci Team II (Eng and Sci debuffs, heal)
1x Sci Ens. / Polarize Hull I (against tractor beams)
1x Eng Lt / Emergency to Shields I + Eng Team II
1x Eng Cmdr. / Eng Team I + Reverse Shield Pol II + Aux to Structural II + Aceton Beam II (could use Warp Plasma instead, maybe I'll try it some time).

Consoles:
Eng: Ablative XI, Borg Universal, 2x RCS XI (yay! over 20 turn rate )
Sci: Field Gen XI, Shield Emitter Amplifier XI (+35% shields, +13% regen)
Tac: Quantum XI, 2x AP XI

Devices:
Hmh, I don't think I ever used a ship device / battery.

Borg Deflector (so I get the Autonomous Regeneration thingy)
MACO Shields XI + MACO Engines XI for Magnetoplasma Relays.

And pretty much that's it. Unless I'm very drunk, I can survive just about anything in Normal STF. "Standard" PvE is a breeze
For a Cruiser take MACO Shields and MACO Deflector, the Borg Deflector is really bad and the MACO one is actually 'quite' good.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-10-2012, 12:03 PM
here is my Galor set up.

Borg Set with Maco MK XII shields

Fore weapons: 3 Phaser Cannon MK XII acc x3, Quantum Torpedo.
Aft Weapons: 4 Phaser Turret MK XII borg

Consoles:

Engineering: EPS, armor of choice. I am currently slotting for Plasma resist for STFs
Science: +35 to Shield Capacity, Borg
Tacticat: All Phaser Relays mk XI rare

BOFFS:
CMDR Engineering: EPtW 1, EPtS 2, DEM 2, Aux to SIF 3
LT Engineering: EPtW 1, EPtS 2
ENSG Science: Hazard Emmiters 1 or TSS
LTC Tactical: Tactical Team 1, Torp Spread 2, CSV 2
LT Universal (Tac): Tactical Team 1, CRF 1

This set up works very well for me. You do need to get close and stay close to do maximum dps due to the damage loss of cannons when fired at a distance.

edited, Cygone you are correct, I was away from the game when I wrote it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaX
here is my Galor set up.

Borg Set with Maco MK XII shields

Fore weapons: 3 Phaser Cannon MK XII acc x3, Quantum Torpedo.
Aft Weapons: 4 Phaser Turret MK XII borg

Consoles:

Engineering: EPS, armor of choice. I am currently slotting for Plasma resist for STFs
Science: +35 to Shield Capacity, Borg
Tacticat: All Phaser Relays mk XI rare

BOFFS:
CMDR Engineering: EPtW 1, EPtS 2, DEM 2, Aux to SIF 3
LT Engineering: EPtW 1, EPtS 2
LT Science: Hazard Emmiters 1, TSS 2 (or vice versa)
LTC Tactical: Tactical Team 1, Torp Spread 2, CSV 2
LT Universal (Tac): Tactical Team 1, CRF 1

This set up works very well for me. You do need to get close and stay close to do maximum dps due to the damage loss of cannons when fired at a distance.
This is not your setup, you only have an Ens Sci, not Lt.

And I wouly prolly only take 1 TT and take Conn Officers to reduce its CD, take a 2nd torp skill in its place.

Other than that it is a REALLY nice build
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
For a Cruiser take MACO Shields and MACO Deflector, the Borg Deflector is really bad and the MACO one is actually 'quite' good.
Perhaps (possibly, most likely), but this way I get the Borg Hull Regen set bonus from the 2 Borg gizmos.
(and I just spent 120 Data Chips for the Mk XI ground set )
Well, just a couple of more missions and I'll see.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homotrollicus
Perhaps (possibly, most likely), but this way I get the Borg Hull Regen set bonus from the 2 Borg gizmos.
(and I just spent 120 Data Chips for the Mk XI ground set )
Well, just a couple of more missions and I'll see.
Sorry, I should have been clearer,

MACO Shields,
MACO Deflector
Borg Engines
Borg Console
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Sorry, I should have been clearer,

MACO Shields,
MACO Deflector
Borg Engines
Borg Console
Hmm, the only difference I noticed is that MACO engines are a bit slower in sector space (18.39 vs 20.39 for my cruiser).

MACO XI
+8.8 Starship Driver Coil
+14 Flight Speed
+11 Flight Turn Rate
Thrusters: 25% speed when engines are disabled
While in Sector Space Flight Speed set to Warp 12

Borg
+5 Engine Power Setting
+12 Flight Speed
+11 Flight Turn Rate
While in Sector Space Flight Speed set to warp 14.

Well. Tough decision Although if the deflector is really that much better, I may try it as you recommended.

Edit:
"Sorry, I should have been clearer,"
Well, sorry, me too. I don't have the MACO deflector yet. I was so sure you knew
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaX
here is my Galor set up.

...
How does it work in general PvE?
Is that front 90 firepower useable against mobile targets?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 PM.