Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey Players, why the wild accusations, slander, and conspiracy theories?

Because it's more entertaining to use flame words than express concerns in an adult manner, apparently.

Hey, no grief from me over expressing honest frustration. A post entitled "Why are the Borg still one-shotting?" with the exact same text wouldn't have raised my eyebrow.

I don't expect any Dev to respond to this thread except to close it down when it crosses the line.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Hey Players, why the wild accusations, slander, and conspiracy theories?
Lack of content. No cups in the Kitchen. EP leaves for Zynga. New EP says things 180 degrees opposite of what old EP promised. Supposedly it's Atari's fault things went bad. But PWE brings new hires and lots of new resources. But now there's a resource drought and things can't happen. Staff is still too small. Directions must be changed and a focus on better resource management needs to be implemented. What we'll call a Resource Drought as a follow up to the Content Drought.

Oh and every singe post since BETA that said the team makes bug fixes a high priority.

That's probably a lot of what contributes to the accusations, criticism and conspiracy theories.

No cups in the kitchen being a great mantra for any and all conspiracy theories.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Other broken thing:

STF loot.

They told us that they would fix it, to have more "good" loot and less crappy loot, now all you get by finishing Elite STFs with the Optional is some crappy blue loot that sometimes it does not worth the effort to put in the exchange.
At least, when it was "borked" you used to get Blue or Purple Borg Salvage 50% of the time, now is almos impossible to get them.

Everytime you finish an STF and go get your loot is major desillution.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Lack of content. No cups in the Kitchen. EP leaves for Zynga. New EP says things 180 degrees opposite of what old EP promised. Supposedly it's Atari's fault things went bad. But PWE brings new hires and lots of new resources. But now there's a resource drought and things can't happen. Staff is still too small. Directions must be changed and a focus on better resource management needs to be implemented. What we'll call a Resource Drought as a follow up to the Content Drought.

Oh and every singe post since BETA that said the team makes bug fixes a high priority.

That's probably a lot of what contributes to the accusations, criticism and conspiracy theories.

No cups in the kitchen being a great mantra for any and all conspiracy theories.
Great amount of truth in this. I'll add this - the claim that they had been working tirelessly on bugfixes and a full KDF faction and the latest FE series since 2011, until 2012 when Stephen D'Angelo accidentally exposed the whole set of claims as a lie on two different podcasts, without so much as a cover story, instead more of a "I have no idea what [Dan Stahl] is referring to."
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
What cups? What kitchen? I'm genuinely confused. Is this a new phrase?

Fish don't fry in the kitchen
And beans don't burn on the grill...

Edit: Is this like "The rent is too d*** high!"? "No cups in the kitchen!"
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans83 View Post
I know there were other threads about this but my patience has run its limit. What happened to the borg no longer being able to one shot kill? Cause it just happened to me 3 times in one match of Infected. Also, are you ever, EVER planning to do something about the magical invisible torpedoes?
Honestly... While it is still a bit possible for them to OHK they are muuuuch muuuuuch MUUUUCH less likely to now and usually only if you are in a bad situation or have a horrible setup. Of course their giant killable Torp can blow you to bits real easy if you let it hit bare hull. (I slid into it while cloaked recently... LOL Epic Fail... But at least I took it like a Secret Service guy for another ship that was about to go BOOM.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:

They need a dynamic content system. After some initial work they could make much better use of their workforce.

The problem is they invest way too much time into static non-repeatable content (that could easy be done by players in the foundry anyway - specially if they come to their senses and remove the slot limitations so that the players generate a lot of the story content).

With a good system in place, it is easy to have unlimited content and free developer time for other things.

The complete roadmap is in my sig.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Just a quick question, are you sitting still? When I'm flying even at half impulse speed, the best a Borg torpedo (a normal one, not a high yield) do is take out a sizable chunk of my shields, some of my hull and leave a nasty DoT on me.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
What cups? What kitchen? I'm genuinely confused. Is this a new phrase?

Fish don't fry in the kitchen
And beans don't burn on the grill...

Edit: Is this like "The rent is too d*** high!"? "No cups in the kitchen!"
IIRC, "No cups in the kitchen" was one of Dan Stahl's excuses for the litany of missed deadlines, broken promises, and general crappiness present in STO following its launch.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-09-2012, 04:49 PM
They don't have the resources to create content but they sure manage to keep pumping out shinies and trinkets for the C-Point Sucker Tax.