Lt. Commander
# 21
04-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I have never encountered the one shot from a borg.
I have had this though.
Borg Fires HY. 1-3 seconds later a Spread. Spread hits. They fire a standard plasma. Hy is destroyed by me or it hits. Repeat.

Now the borg know how to do rapid reload.

I'm not to hot on the thread title myself. Ok, the notes are wrong. I am not sure that means it is a lie and not a rush through testing, an error they didn't see, etc.

I'm not trying to attack anyone. I just think it is better served with something like was pointed out above.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
What cups? What kitchen? I'm genuinely confused. Is this a new phrase?

Fish don't fry in the kitchen
And beans don't burn on the grill...

Edit: Is this like "The rent is too d*** high!"? "No cups in the kitchen!"

This Post

Specifically:

Quote:
I'm not trying to deflect all the responsibility away from the team. We have had our own issues as well. Personnel problems. Babies. Team transfers. Inability to replace broken PCs. Loaner PCs that barely meet the minspec for the game. Core code mergers that caused more bugs than it solved. There was even a month with no cups in the kitchen.
No Cups In The Kitchen!

This was in August of 2011.

And you know, here's some irony:

Quote:
This is their investment and they are going to spend money to make money. Something you can't do when you're in debt.

So take it or leave it. That's about as frank as I can get.
Right now, DStahl is telling us that they don't have the resources to really do a lot of things the players want. So Perfect World isn't really spending money to make money.

And the original post I'm quoting was before ... DStahl left. For Zynga.

It's one of the reasons I'm leery of DStahl as a source of valid information.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post

This Post

Specifically:

No Cups In The Kitchen!

Right now, DStahl is telling us that they don't have the resources to really do a lot of things the players want. So Perfect World isn't really spending money to make money.

If anything, Stahl has been a veritable oracle of bad information. Even to such an extent that other devs, as I pointed out before, have been completely confused as to what he's talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo935
If anything, Stahl has been a veritable oracle of bad information. Even to such an extent that other devs, as I pointed out before, have been completely confused as to what he's talking about.
lol this^^^^^^^^^
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Just to comment on this, the Borg still have the super invisible torpedo. They never said it was gone, fixed or visible.

They did say it no longer crits, and I have survived the hit in a Tanking Cruiser, and a Raptor. Because I expected it. I pulled agro in torpedo Arc and took the prevention steps.

Donatra, way way way easier to survive the Torpedo Spam now. Again you need to be proactive about your defense not reactive.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-10-2012, 02:19 AM
they are borg they are supposed to be able to 1 shot and kick butt quit whining and deal with it
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post

This Post

Specifically:

No Cups In The Kitchen!

It really does remind me of my days in CoH, where Jack Emmert would say things, people would latch onto them, and when some of those things didn't end up working out or weren't feasible to add without extreme development investment, people would lampoon him (including me).

Here's a tip: don't take anything any developer says on the forums with any weight. Anyone doing so is only setting him or herself up for disappointment. They either brainstorm or talk about things they want to do with the best intentions, sometimes without consideration to the schedule. Many times it's note even necessarily the lead dev's fault, because higher-ups, Marketing, etc. can change priorities (to things like C-Store items and other fast-profit enterprises) at the drop of a hat.

But hey, if scapegoating makes you feel any better, I'm sure the devs have become accustom to such and have either become numb to it or just ignore it competely, so knock yourself out
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
It really does remind me of my days in CoH, where Jack Emmert would say things, people would latch onto them, and when some of those things didn't end up working out or weren't feasible to add without extreme development investment, people would lampoon him (including me).

Here's a tip: don't take anything any developer says on the forums with any weight. Anyone doing so is only setting him or herself up for disappointment. They either brainstorm or talk about things they want to do with the best intentions, sometimes without consideration to the schedule. Many times it's note even necessarily the lead dev's fault, because higher-ups, Marketing, etc. can change priorities (to things like C-Store items and other fast-profit enterprises) at the drop of a hat.

But hey, if scapegoating makes you feel any better, I'm sure the devs have become accustom to such and have either become numb to it or just ignore it competely, so knock yourself out
In this case, though, I think it's also worth keeping in mind some other fun tid bits from that source:

1- DStahl said to judge him on his track record. So most of the time, that's all I'm really doing. Hair Tech. No cups in the kitchen. Hair Tech. Diplomacy. Hair Tech. Genesis Exploration system. And New Hair Tech.

2- He left the company. That's very telling.

So is it really scapegoating? I mean really?

Let's just judge him on his track record and see how it goes?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
I doubt that the Devs are either accustomed or numb to the insults that fly all the time.

However, they are by and large professionals and usually do not respond in kind. When they do let a sarcastic or heated response slip out, they've invariably been provoked.

I am thankful that the few Devs who maintain a continuous presence on the forums seem to have thick skins, a reasonably firm grasp on reality (not necessarily including Tumerboy ), a pragmatic view of the situation, and a sense of humor.

Unlike certain others.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I am thankful that the few Devs who maintain a continuous presence on the forums seem to have thick skins, a reasonably firm grasp on reality (not necessarily including Tumerboy ), a pragmatic view of the situation, and a sense of humor.

Unlike certain others.
I guess it's just hard to be pragmatic about dev commentary when you remember all of the various Stormshade posts that were confrontational, and essentially told players they were wrong, that things weren't going to happen (even though a lot of them actually did happen the way players said they were going to go) and that the game was healthy and doing great.

It adds up after awhile.

Case in point, how many posters were told they were wrong, the game wasn't going free to play, and then got infractions for trying to discuss that as a topic?

And yet ... here we are.