Lt. Commander
Currently, the DoFF UI allows for stacking two (or more) of most DoFF specialties. However, Armory Officer continues to be limited to only 1 slot. This is inconvenient for those of us who would like to use the standard armory officer power (extra phaser/disruptor turret) with the Automated Personnel Unit (bonus chance to expose), and its even more inconvenient for the many Engineers out there considering that the Armory Officer is one of the best DoFFs for them. Is it possible that we could get the slot limit increased, or perhaps change the classification of the APU? Thanks.

Oh, and slightly off-topic, but I noticed the Engineering Exocomp is listed as a genderless member of the Exocomp species, while the Tactical Exocomp is a Male Alien? I think something goofed up, or else my Tac droid is becoming a reverse Borg by grafting fleshy parts onto itself.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstewart View Post
Currently, the DoFF UI allows for stacking two (or more) of most DoFF specialties. However, Armory Officer continues to be limited to only 1 slot. This is inconvenient for those of us who would like to use the standard armory officer power (extra phaser/disruptor turret) with the Automated Personnel Unit (bonus chance to expose), and its even more inconvenient for the many Engineers out there considering that the Armory Officer is one of the best DoFFs for them. Is it possible that we could get the slot limit increased, or perhaps change the classification of the APU? Thanks.

Oh, and slightly off-topic, but I noticed the Engineering Exocomp is listed as a genderless member of the Exocomp species, while the Tactical Exocomp is a Male Alien? I think something goofed up, or else my Tac droid is becoming a reverse Borg by grafting fleshy parts onto itself.

I like my male exocomp....

I agree with your post and would go one step further and say that there needs to be more ground-bonuses for differing doffs, particularly for engineers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badname834854
I agree with your post and would go one step further and say that there needs to be more ground-bonuses for differing doffs, particularly for engineers.
Heretic has stated that they want to make it where every specialization has multiple possible active duty powers, like how the Conn Officers already have 2 different powers. If I understand you right, then I think this is what you were asking for.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
The long-term thinking for the system is to add additional active roster power variants to all of the various specializations. Also impacting this is that our current thinking for the direction for Department Heads would open up the slotting requirements, since they would probably use a separate slot budget than your active roster, so you may wind up being able to get the effect you are asking for via this.

All this being said, Department Heads have not been nailed down on the schedule and are still considered to be early design, so many things may change, but the above is the current thinking on our part.