Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I started STFs only a few months ago and in all that time I have never had a game as bad as the one I did last night. One player started ranting and whining because some part of the mission didn't go directly as scripted so instead of dealing with it, they wanted to yell and blame everyone but themselves for causing the problem...then, they left. A man down, we were still able to complete the mission most of the way but then another guy dropped out and it was just a mess.

I think A) there should be NO leaver penalty if you are the LAST person in a STF and, B) the leaver penalty needs to be far more severe...like having ALL STFs go on a 2hr cool down. Dereliction of duty should really be punished by hanging...courts martial, or being pelted with eggs and tomatoes...but something more should be done to stop quitters from quitting.

That's just my view...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I think a voting system to boot a bad player should be put in, and then the ability to get another player from the queue. If there aren't 5 players in the instance, the leaver penalty shouldn't apply to any who leave.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
i dont like the leaver penalty, there are many legit reasons to leave, i think that someone from the queu should just be put in to replace them though
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I've never understood why there is no blacklist.

I mean there IS a forum after all, report players who do these kind of childish things on the forums in a blacklist so other players can avoid the troublemakers.

Do you actually think whomever caused your problem last night has never before, and will never again, cause another problem?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Maybe extend the timer when someone leaves as well, to make up for the fact that being short a person pretty much kills getting the optional done in time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
I think a voting system to boot a bad player should be put in, and then the ability to get another player from the queue. If there aren't 5 players in the instance, the leaver penalty shouldn't apply to any who leave.
A voting system would be abused to hell and back. If you give groups the ability to remove individual players from the randomly assigned team, it's only a matter of time until some really bad behavior creeps into the game (like booting a player out before he can grab his reward bag at the end of the STF).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewteddy

I mean there IS a forum after all, report players who do these kind of childish things on the forums in a blacklist so other players can avoid the troublemakers.

Do you actually think whomever caused your problem last night has never before, and will never again, cause another problem?
And how would you make sure that there wouldn't be any sort of grieving with this "public blacklist"?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Not severe enough. You should have your character wiped for leaving an STF.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:

o.o

Quote:
II mean there IS a forum after all, report players who do these kind of childish things on the forums in a blacklist so other players can avoid the troublemakers.
O.o

Quote:
I see what you did there

But to answer your question: I have to leave an STF because the house started on fire or because my kid hurt himself somehow, I think that would hardly make me a miscreant. But I suppose it's easier to sling the cat-o-stereotypes to get people riled up :p

Not that I've ever attempted an STF before, just pointing out the false induction.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
Do you know how easily abused this will be?

---------------

There shoud be no penalty at all in my books. I get diconnected sometimes, and so have other teammates in past STF's....so b/c of that it would count as a leaver penalty by itself. The whole STF structure has been bad sinse the begining, nothing should be update...the entire thing should be redone.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2012, 01:43 PM
WoW dies the voting to boot thing and I haven't heard of any of what you say may happen. I 've been in groups where someone needed a boot .

Preferably, I would have no leaver penalty, and a boot system