Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
04-10-2012, 01:50 AM
I think a generic blacklist is a bad idea, it's too open to abuse, however, a *personal* black list might be useful; e.g. the functional equivilient of "Ignore" (maybe even using your same ignore list) but for STF's you will essentially ignore any STF that has that list of players in it... or enables you to choose to "engage" based upon the STF team makeup, might be quite transactionally intensive though.

I was on one PUG STF when one of my teams mates, tried to kill the STF they way we do on our fleet, which is riskier, but when it works works well, provided everyone is co-ordinated, which as a PUG we were not, and as he has never played on Elite outside the fleet, he didnt know any different, he wasn't griefing he was just inexperienced...

Similiarly another when a new player, who was actually pretty good, didnt brin any ship heals, again he wasn't griefing just not new, and when I spoke to him he got it.

Booting a bad player wont fix the problem... it will just leave you a "man down"
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
Booting a bad player wont fix the problem... it will just leave you a "man down"
Sometimes, being a "man down" would not be such a bad situation;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zll_jAKvarw
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-10-2012, 02:13 AM
of course people who say "these are your orders" to people who are EQUALS and then expect to be obeyed because thats how the mission is "done" should be unable to join THAT mission ever again

Remember there is always more than one right way to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-10-2012, 02:59 AM
I think a 1hr global cooldown on anyone who clicks the "Warp Out" button would be ideal. Am sick of seeing ragequits in STFs just because the optional failed...
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-10-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
Sometimes, being a "man down" would not be such a bad situation;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zll_jAKvarw
that depends on the 4 man spike damage, dps, and the situation your in, otherwise your gonna wish you had a 5th. no a blacklist wont cut it imo.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-10-2012, 04:00 AM
I was under the impression that this was a game and as such that it's supposed to be fun. If anyone treats me like a second class citizen simply because I didn't follow their predetermined spec on how a mission should be handled I guarantee you they go on ignore and I will never run with them again.

Morons I can get at work and get paid for it. I refuse to deal with them in my free time.

My main is a sci in a sci ship and, in general, I do not play a healer. That's simply my playstyle. If someone is arrogant enough to tell me that I shouldn't run STF's because my Boffs aren't loaded correctly, then I just won't play with them again.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
that depends on the 4 man spike damage, dps, and the situation your in, otherwise your gonna wish you had a 5th. no a blacklist wont cut it imo.
I agree, I was attempting to illustrate a joke about what potential people could do in a STF or "raid" situation.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
Looks like someone answered you ;p

A. I have the right to free association. If your being a d-bag, I don't have to play with you, and if 3 other members have the same feeling, I see no reason why us 4 should have to suffer with 1 trolling d-bag. We choose to not associate with said player by booting them off the team, and out of the mission.

B. Since the vote would require a majority opinion, its not a team leader dictatorship.

C. Your response leads me to believe maybe people may not want you on their team, so a move like this may directly effect you. Is that why your so worried about something like that? O.o
Actually no, last time I did an STF was last year really.

Is it bad that I would care about other players abusing a weak possible future system? And beisdes, a nice amount of the time I rolled STF's last year I was the one saying do "X,Y,Z. Everyone got it? Please state on what you're confused about and I'll try to explain it better."

I guess people here do not expect another player to want to aid others : /
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Actually no, last time I did an STF was last year really.

Is it bad that I would care about other players abusing a weak possible future system? And beisdes, a nice amount of the time I rolled STF's last year I was the one saying do "X,Y,Z. Everyone got it? Please state on what you're confused about and I'll try to explain it better."

I guess people here do not expect another player to want to aid others : /
There's a difference between the guy who has no clue what he's doing and is willing to listen, and try his best, and the troll who doesn't respond to any sort of chat and purposely gets everyone killed in the mission because somehow 50 on 4 is a great idea to him.

When 4 people agree there's a problem with someone, I don't see a good reason why we should have to deal with him. I don't agree with a leaver penalty, I don't agree with punishing people who get the boot. The boot is harsh enough IMO.

If I were a "you must have so and so spec" kind of person, would you really want to play with me, and then be punished w/ a leaver just because I was a jerk?
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRQ
It seems to the OP I was in error for quitting the STF

I did what I could with the player I was able to communicate with.

I would like to know how the OP would have handled the situation.
It seem it is easier to critic someone than to give helpful advice.
Please enlighten us all with your words of wisdom.
You stick it out like a Federation Officer or a Klingon. You don't give up just because it might be "hard". If all the Federation and Klingons gave up as easily as you did, there wouldn't be a Federation or a Klingon Empire. You might be afraid of failure but the only sure way to fail is not to try.

And you'll note I ignored the rest of what you said because you simply shouldn't have said it. Moderating your speech can happen at your discretion or it can happen at Cryptics and you'd rather the former and not the latter, I'm sure.