Lt. Commander
The STF Leaver penalty is a good idea I think, but with bad implementation. The system as it stands now its that everyone or at least the first 3 to leave a map before its completion (Failure or Success) gets a one hour leaver penalty for leaving the map. I think that its not fair, as it doesn't compensate for the greatly increase difficulty due to someone leaving in the middle of the mission. This is especially true on Elite difficulty STF runs. The way it is that 5 players are optimal on any STF Map, however a Normal STF with the right people that know what they are doing could complete it with just 3. On Elite however you basically have to have a full team of 5 to do the map, 4 if you have an exceptionally good team, 3 however it becomes impossible to successfully complete the map.

The fact is the way it is that everyone is supposed to get 'punished' for leaving the map short of being the last player remaining. This just isn't fair, and I think a solution that is more agreeable would be to have a sliding penalty meaning in a team of 5, the first person to leave gets the full one hour no questions asked, but the second person to leave should only get a half hour penalty, and the 3rd person only 15 minutes, while the remaining two left will receive no penalty to withdraw. The same would go for Normal as it would Elite, though in Elite the 3rd, 4th, and 5th person to leave should not get a penalty. I think this would be fairer, and would in actuality help discourage people withdrawing from the map, because they don't want to be the person stuck with the full hour penalty unlike now, where everyone gets the same penalty whether they were the first to leave or the 4th to leave.

Case in point I was in a Khitomer Accord Space Elite run when we had a 5 man team to start off, then one left as soon as some dimwit allowed 2 probes to get in the vortex, thus failing the Optional. Then we got to finally attacking the transformers, and once those were gone and the probes kept spitting out of the Gateway because we couldn't DSP the Gateway fast enough, a second person left, then I got popped by the Gate and then realized it was down to 3 people left and we were barely getting by, but then I saw 8 probes heading for the Time Vortex and barely if at all damaged, so I knew the mission was doomed to fail and I told the team I was withdrawing. of course when I warped out I got slapped with the 1hr penalty even though I was the 3rd to person to leave. (At least I tell people when I'm leaving a map if I know it will likely fail, I don't just warp out without telling the rest of the team like everyone else does. I hate when its done to me, so I don't do it to anyone else, unless its beyond my control, aka I get disconnected or what not.) I though the whole thing was unfair, and I also think people need to stop abandoning STF maps just because the optional fails. its stupid and childish, and not fair to everyone else, but thats another ball of wax altogether.

So should the STF leaver penalty change to my more fairer comprise in the 2nd Paragraph, or do you have other ideas how it should be, or do you like it the way it is now? if so explain.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2012, 07:25 PM
I disagree. If you have less than five people, someone will usually arrive soon. If you have less than four people, I believe after five minutes you can leave without a penalty.

If you fail, you fail, but the penalty is a good thing as-is, in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2012, 07:50 PM
I have run many gound elite stf...when there is only 3 ppl left you can leave without a penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Happen to me
03-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiveman5
The STF Leaver penalty is a good idea I think, but with bad implementation. The system as it stands now its that everyone or at least the first 3 to leave a map before its completion (Failure or Success) gets a one hour leaver penalty for leaving the map. I think that its not fair, as it doesn't compensate for the greatly increase difficulty due to someone leaving in the middle of the mission. This is especially true on Elite difficulty STF runs. The way it is that 5 players are optimal on any STF Map, however a Normal STF with the right people that know what they are doing could complete it with just 3. On Elite however you basically have to have a full team of 5 to do the map, 4 if you have an exceptionally good team, 3 however it becomes impossible to successfully complete the map.

The fact is the way it is that everyone is supposed to get 'punished' for leaving the map short of being the last player remaining. This just isn't fair, and I think a solution that is more agreeable would be to have a sliding penalty meaning in a team of 5, the first person to leave gets the full one hour no questions asked, but the second person to leave should only get a half hour penalty, and the 3rd person only 15 minutes, while the remaining two left will receive no penalty to withdraw. The same would go for Normal as it would Elite, though in Elite the 3rd, 4th, and 5th person to leave should not get a penalty. I think this would be fairer, and would in actuality help discourage people withdrawing from the map, because they don't want to be the person stuck with the full hour penalty unlike now, where everyone gets the same penalty whether they were the first to leave or the 4th to leave.

Case in point I was in a Khitomer Accord Space Elite run when we had a 5 man team to start off, then one left as soon as some dimwit allowed 2 probes to get in the vortex, thus failing the Optional. Then we got to finally attacking the transformers, and once those were gone and the probes kept spitting out of the Gateway because we couldn't DSP the Gateway fast enough, a second person left, then I got popped by the Gate and then realized it was down to 3 people left and we were barely getting by, but then I saw 8 probes heading for the Time Vortex and barely if at all damaged, so I knew the mission was doomed to fail and I told the team I was withdrawing. of course when I warped out I got slapped with the 1hr penalty even though I was the 3rd to person to leave. (At least I tell people when I'm leaving a map if I know it will likely fail, I don't just warp out without telling the rest of the team like everyone else does. I hate when its done to me, so I don't do it to anyone else, unless its beyond my control, aka I get disconnected or what not.) I though the whole thing was unfair, and I also think people need to stop abandoning STF maps just because the optional fails. its stupid and childish, and not fair to everyone else, but thats another ball of wax altogether.

So should the STF leaver penalty change to my more fairer comprise in the 2nd Paragraph, or do you have other ideas how it should be, or do you like it the way it is now? if so explain.
I found my self ending the game and I get my rewards but also I get a penalty
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbeHlpnU View Post
I have run many gound elite stf...when there is only 3 ppl left you can leave without a penalty.
Yeah, I've noticed this too... It's funny really. I can play one map, get the penalty for being the 3rd person to leave, then play another map, and same thing leave as the 3rd person, but not get a penalty. Though Ground seems to be more forgiving in that regard. I wonder if this is on purpose or a bug.

On a side note, I have discovered a way to avoid the penalty all together, and it worked for me twice. I would of done it in my last case, but I forgot about it. Though this only works in Space, it does NOT work on ground for an obvious reason you are about to hear...

If you fly to any end of the map, and fly close enough to the edge and you get a red box prompting you that there is nothing on sensors with the option to dismiss or warp out. If you choose the warp out button, you will warp out and not receive the penalty at all, because you actually didn't click the 'abort' mission or warp button on your mini map, which would prompt you about the cooldown penalty. In ground you can't go to the edge of the map, except on Cure Ground, but I haven't tried this there yet, so I can't confirm whether it works or not. Infected I know won't work because your on a starbase and the map is smaller and has nowhere to go off to on the sides. KA Ground is the same as well, so the only Ground it might work for is Cure, but it should work on all Space Maps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by q4061 View Post
I found my self ending the game and I get my rewards but also I get a penalty
Anytime you complete an STF Map whether it was a failure or success, you always get a cooldown for that specific map, both Normal and Elite, but you can play all the other STF Maps, assuming they don't have a cooldown timer on them. This is supposed to be that way, if you got the 'Penalty", then all STF maps will be unavailable and not be shown on the PvE Queue list, and a small timer with red colored text on the bottom of the PvE queues will say the words "STF leaver Penalty" with the time remaining of the penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I disagree, the penalty should remain. Besides, it's only 1 hour. I've done a 2 man KA elite space, 3 man Cure elite space before.
Stfs are already easy enough. Changing the penalty would make it a stf hopping ground (maybe smth like kerrat zones).
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2012, 05:07 AM
I finished Infected Space, got my loot, but there was no exit button, so I warped out. I got an hour no STF leaver penalty. Funny how that works! I guess I did leave, but only after it was successfully finished.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2012, 06:56 AM
The really screwed up thing is if you zone into an STF in progress. Nobody wants to walk in on an already irrepairably bungled STF. There should be no leaver penality for leaving those, and they should not affect your cooldown either. I've litterally zoned in just in time to see the Kang buy the farm and had an hour's wait befor it was ready again. It's a system that could do with some tweaking I think.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-15-2012, 07:22 AM
i think the penalty should be that sto wipes your harddrive when you leave an stf