Lt. Commander
# 1 Where is the Artifiact?
04-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Where is the mission that rewards the Artifiacts for the Children's Toy's mission?

For weeks now I have seen the mission in the Science Lab to power it and the Chief offering the assembly, but for the life of me, I havn't seen the mission to get the artifiact.

Anyone kind enough to tell me where it can be found?
Lt. Commander
# 2 Check the spreadsheet
04-09-2012, 12:48 PM
bit.ly/DOFFS

Look for Children's Toys on the right. Also, regularly ping your department heads, I believe I have seen the repeatable pop up there once.

The DOFFS spreadsheet is community-authored, so if you don't see a mission, it might not have been found yet.

Edit:
Also, the mission is fairly rare, and it has a three-day cooldown after you complete it. (Ie, you can't get another artifact for three days). You can purchase the artifacts on the exchange if so inclined.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 01:15 PM
As I said, I regularly check my interior and do DOFF missions all the time. Guess I'm not lucky enough to see that rare mission to get the artifiact.

And to heck I'll buy them off the exchange, those prices are greatly over inflated.

Heretic should revise the mission in some way, perhaps have pieces part of dropped off normal mobs and you assemble it via crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
As I said, I regularly check my interior and do DOFF missions all the time. Guess I'm not lucky enough to see that rare mission to get the artifiact.

And to heck I'll buy them off the exchange, those prices are greatly over inflated.

Heretic should revise the mission in some way, perhaps have pieces part of dropped off normal mobs and you assemble it via crafting.
I just noticed someone else in another thread mention that they do their doffing at ESD, and that made me want to make sure you are checking for the "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" mission in Cardassian space. . .
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 01:56 PM
As I said, I go doffing and very frequently go thoughout all STO space, especially cardassian space on 6 characters. And I go inside my ship in doing missions too, check department heads as I travel. And I've yet to see this mission.

Heck, there are even rarer missions like the Kobyoashi Maru that others gotten on the first week of the revision. Something is not right. Unless Heretic is pulling a STF in where we hope to get tech and end up empty handed after months of play.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I saw this mission a couple of times over the weekend. So, it DOES pop. Heretic has said they are keeping the cooldown at 3 days for now until they assess the number of consoles coming into the game. I've got a stack of around 10 of them waiting to be 'made'. Just waiting for the right doffs. Hopefully, with the changes in the pipeline, I'll have enough 'resolve' doffs to start making them.

EDIT: this mission ONLY pops in Cardassian space.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2012, 02:42 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=263436

trade assignment, all 3 cardassian sectors + their star clusters, 3 day cooldown on the repeatable

I get the assignment every 3 days without issue on my dudes, not sure what to tell you
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah I get it every three days on my four lvl 50s, but haven't seen it on my two lowbies (even when it gets called on the spreadsheet).

I read somewhere that you have to be lvl 40 to get it, which makes sense based on my experience.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
Yeah I get it every three days on my four lvl 50s, but haven't seen it on my two lowbies (even when it gets called on the spreadsheet).

I read somewhere that you have to be lvl 40 to get it, which makes sense based on my experience.
That is correct, you have to be an Admiral/General (Lvl 40) to get the Negotiate [Additional] Delivery of Rare Commodities assignment.
Lt. Commander
Just wandering about you're not too likely to find it on your own. It usually appears in only one sector, about 25% of the time from what I've seen. So if you aren't hitting every sector in Cardie space you might be missing it. As I said, check the spreadsheet, it lists where people have seen the mission:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...T0pHZlE#gid=82