Lt. Commander
# 21
04-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post
So the original mission stays at 3 days cooldown eh?
For now; the original idea was to reduce this, but to either add in a chance of failure or increased cost since a straight reduction of 3d to 1d was too severe. The public reaction was sufficiently mixed that this seemed the better course.

Additional iterations are entirely possible at some point, though a drop to 1d without any other changes is unlikely, given review of the usage data.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
After some discussion and floating various proposals, we've decided to take a different tact with this.

The original repeatable will stay the same, at least for now.

If you are at least level 40 and have completed the first step of the Children's Chain, artifact recovery assignments on a critical have a chance of granting a Strange Artifact.

The latter assignments include:
  • Recover Artifaces from ...
  • Collect Artifaces from...
  • Secure Artifacts from...
  • Prospect at Ruins in...
  • Appraise Ruins in...
  • Repossess Artifacts from...
  • Salvage Artifacts from...
  • Seize Artifaces from...
  • Return Artifaces from...
  • Investigate Ruins in...
  • Plunder Ruins in...
  • Study Ruins in...

Exploration CXP rewards will also be increased for these assignments.
This is a compromise I can live with
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well if people aren't finding it and have to refer to "the spreadsheet", then there is an obvious problem with people finding the mission.

I FINALLY found the stupid mission in Omega Leonis just NOW on my KDF after all this time. This is the FIRST time I gotten this mission since the DOFF system was changed. So be GREAT if Heretic addresses this.(
Wait, you mean you just randomly fly around and look for rare missions? The spreadsheet, which any successful DOffer uses, is essential. I'm not sure why you seem to disdain it, it's a community effort and one of the most wonderful things in regards to team work I have ever seen in an MMO. Made, maintained, and fact checked by the community - it's a wonderful tool. It's also very Star Trek - I don't think Kirk and Picard just randomly flew around looking for stuff for the crew to do.

If you aren't checking the sheet for rare missions, you are wasting a ton of time.

It shows up in Rolor/AT several times per day. If you are looking in, say, KDF space, you'd be looking incorrectly, as it only spawns in Cardassian Space.

I think people having a hard time finding it are a) not using the sheet like any serious DOffer (and as this is our highest reward mission, it's pretty serious DOffing endgame), b) do not have the pre-req done, c) are looking in the wrong places, or d) don't understand it's a 3-day cool-down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
For now; the original idea was to reduce this, but to either add in a chance of failure or increased cost since a straight reduction of 3d to 1d was too severe. The public reaction was sufficiently mixed that this seemed the better course.

Additional iterations are entirely possible at some point, though a drop to 1d without any other changes is unlikely, given review of the usage data.
I think this is a good compromise, plus it gives a reason to do those other assignments. Not to mention, it also is good for terminology confusion sake - since those missions do have Artifact in them.

Yet another case of responsiveness and logic from the Dev team - we really are spoiled here.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
EDIT: Nope, no Artifact.
Wait, I think I understand your issue.

You are saying you did the assignment and did not get the artifact?

If so, you are doing the wrong assignment. You get the artifact even if you fail or disaster. There is no way not to get it from the completed assignment.

It's called "Negotiate For Delivery of Additional Rare Commodities".

If this is the case, then again I stress - you need to use the spreadsheet. bit.ly/DOFFS

This mission doesn't even spawn in Omega Leonis...