Lt. Commander
# 1 Hold Territory Battle Question
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I've been playing these hold battles a lot more recently. I get the basic idea that we are supposed to grab territory and keep the enemy from having any until their influence goes bye-bye and we win. I also get that you can contest an area by being in it.

What I am not so clear on is what counts for points and how you claim the area.

Do the white symbols actually generate any influence?
If you switch a place to your symbol do you need to stay there to make it turn colored or can you leave it alone and let it turn that way by itself assuming no enemy goes there?
Is there any bonus is dismantling the enemy spawn point besides being able to camp them?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I've been playing these hold battles a lot more recently. I get the basic idea that we are supposed to grab territory and keep the enemy from having any until their influence goes bye-bye and we win. I also get that you can contest an area by being in it.

What I am not so clear on is what counts for points and how you claim the area.

Do the white symbols actually generate any influence?
If you switch a place to your symbol do you need to stay there to make it turn colored or can you leave it alone and let it turn that way by itself assuming no enemy goes there?
Is there any bonus is dismantling the enemy spawn point besides being able to camp them?
You need to stay until the symbol changes to your color, then you can leave it and it will stay that color until the enemy enters the area and starts swinging the influence back. I think it takes two minutes to swing the color from one end to the other. Someone else has probably watched the clock and knows for sure.

Dismantling a spawn point doesn't help the influence part of the game. As far as I know, there is no reward for it in the scenario itself.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoak View Post
You need to stay until the symbol changes to your color, then you can leave it and it will stay that color until the enemy enters the area and starts swinging the influence back. I think it takes two minutes to swing the color from one end to the other. Someone else has probably watched the clock and knows for sure.

Dismantling a spawn point doesn't help the influence part of the game. As far as I know, there is no reward for it in the scenario itself.

Thanks, that is what I was wondering. It seemed like it took forever for it to turn color. I am guessing until it turns it does not count so any white symbols do not add or detract in any way right?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan

Thanks, that is what I was wondering. It seemed like it took forever for it to turn color. I am guessing until it turns it does not count so any white symbols do not add or detract in any way right?
They still count while white. I've watched the score change with no colored points on the field. I think they still score when they're coming back toward the neutral position from the capped color.

Also, if you leave before you cap the point and change the color it slowly reverts backward toward the neutral position (unless was turned back to white by an opponent -- you can leave then, and it'll stay white).