Lt. Commander
# 1 What Is The Point?
04-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I know the game has as much broken stuff as it does stuff that actually works (I'm being generous) but what purpose does it serve to just pile on as much of the bad as we can? Maybe some don't know better. Maybe it's just fun being a ****. But if it is about boredom, here's a challenge:

Find something that isn't broken and see what you can do with it.

The game is trying hard enough to ruin itself. It doesn't need our help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
there was just some patch notes with some promising improvement on tribble, check them out.

sounds like we will be seeing RSP durations akin to the bad old days, at least the cooldown is still long. and who doesn't spec 9 into shield systems skills?

the sorting out of those energy draining powers is a GREAT, hope the energy siphon drones get effected by this. 5-15 of them hitting you with 5-15 siphons =permanent shutdown till death. there needs to be a cap on how low they can drain you, like 25 to all systems. shutdowns that last longer then a few seconds are BAD, and incredibly overpowered, and infuriating. at least it sounds like HE will give you several seconds of invincibility from it, ST 5 seconds too.

before gliders is further nerfed, fix insulators. or just temporally nerf it till then, as if everyone had 3 speced into it. out of all the skill and ability problems, glider not being slowed down by insulators is the BIGGEST problem right now by far. it did work for a couple of days, it really needed to be fixed again with this patch. now we have to wait another week.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
im here because its trek.

i can't wait to see things get better from a game mechanics point of view.

i try to be as positive as possible. i encourage pvp....and try to keep a light air whenever i can. some people spit so much vitriol thats its hard to stay me sometimes. and i am just as guilty as the next guy when the mud starts to fly, i usually pick up and hurl a clump or two.

all in all hale, im here to have fun and kill bad guys.

doesnt matter what faction, or toon i am on. as long as i am hanging with my fleetmates i usualy do just that....

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm here as part of my probation agreement with the Empire and I enjoy the free blood wine and ghagh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Cause ya'll won't give me your xbox live handles.

Something not broken... Shuttles. Too bad that's at best a once a week gimmick.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 12:13 PM
The ships look good. The weapon FX and Shield FX look alright. Ummm... hummmph Oh, when my EPTSIII works without hickup or without going on cooldown with no effect, that is cool.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I know the game has as much broken stuff as it does stuff that actually works (I'm being generous) but what purpose does it serve to just pile on as much of the bad as we can? Maybe some don't know better. Maybe it's just fun being a ****. But if it is about boredom, here's a challenge:

Find something that isn't broken and see what you can do with it.

The game is trying hard enough to ruin itself. It doesn't need our help.
I'm not even going to poke fun here. This is basically the heart of it. I would say that most of the people that read and/or post in this forum would fall into the category of "knows better". Even that is a daring statement to make. If you find yourself rushing to "define" what "knows better" means or are already thinking up a defense for "knows better but does anyways because XXXXXX reason" well then guess what? You know better.

I'm not saying that the forum or the game is full of bad people. I am saying that the choices available to us in the game are very limited and it can be very frustrating to try to find a way to play a game we enjoy without possibly destroying someone else's enjoyment. If the community is unable to move this situation from the realm of Somebody Else's Problem into the realm of Personal Action the situation will only become worse.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that forget to lock their doors, and those that walk in and help themselves to the telly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Cause ya'll won't give me your xbox live handles.

Something not broken... Shuttles. Too bad that's at best a once a week gimmick.
halfburntRoach
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
*sigh* Xchars
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
*sigh* Xchars
It'll be alright.