Lt. Commander
# 121
04-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Hey! Let them say 100 is a big chunk. That means the sub numbers are VERY pathetic.
I meant a big chunk of the actual voting, not of the actual playerbase. If you look back, when I first commented on either page 1 or 2 or maybe even 3, I said that no matter what, the results will not equal anywhere near the actual number of people playing and want the change.

EDIT: Yup, page 3.
Lt. Commander
# 122
04-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywiz
I meant a big chunk of the actual voting, not of the actual playerbase. If you look back, when I first commented on either page 1 or 2 or maybe even 3, I said that no matter what, the results will not equal anywhere near the actual number of people playing and want the change.

EDIT: Yup, page 3.
Just a small part of what made this a bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 123
04-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus.Kalidor View Post
Just a small part of what made this a bad idea.
Can you please elaborate on what you mean?
Lt. Commander
# 124
04-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywiz
Can you please elaborate on what you mean?
I mean that I agree with you completely, making for one reason why this was a bad idea... in addition to all the other reasons this is a bad idea as demonstrated by the last 10+ pages.
Lt. Commander
# 125
04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Ah, ok, forgive me. Just took a nap and my brain is recovering still, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 126
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
I do not find it acceptable to post a poll then tell everyone the results without any kind of transparency whatsoever. No matter who it is. Not a personal thing at you. I feel now I have to say that to you more than anyone else here because you have some kind of fragile psyche syndrome. You claim to be superior to people but then you get so bent out of shape at the littlest things. I mean I can say meaner things to a 6 year old and they wouldn't get as bent as you do. You might need therapy. Serious. Seek help.

So Cryptic (IF they even bother to look) will know the poll is limited in so many ways and now not care. If they did care even, they'd put a poll here like that 3rd Faction poll I linked. And we see what those results amounted to and there were over 100 times the number of total votes you got.

So good luck expecting Cryptic to even care now that they see the numbers are so limited. But keep trying. There's free poll software to put to webpages out there if you have a web site.
I wasn't doing this poll for Cryptic. I was doing this poll for me to gauge my own biases, as stated in the OP. Jeez. The prime purpose of these forums is to brainstorm in good faith. If I wanted to conduct polling for Cryptic or to get Cryptic's attention, I wouldn't have done it through this thread.

I've never claimed to be superior to anyone.

I have ONE area I've spent my adult life on. I think I'm entitled to form opinions which take precedent on that one area, for which I gave numerous scholarly examples, and that those DO take precedent over gut feelings.

I don't go telling rocket scientists how to do their job and I don't think it's fair for people to dismiss what I say on my one area of study when I'm citing genuine scholarship. You don't have the right to tell me about about that one area and if you do, I expect you to start turning up with articles, books, and scholarship to back up your position.

I can claim the high ground on something I've made a legitimate and serious study of. But I'm not claiming the high ground on everything.
Lt. Commander
# 127
04-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I wasn't doing this poll for Cryptic. I was doing this poll for me to gauge my own biases, as stated in the OP. Jeez. The prime purpose of these forums is to brainstorm in good faith. If I wanted to conduct polling for Cryptic or to get Cryptic's attention, I wouldn't have done it through this thread.

I've never claimed to be superior to anyone.

I have ONE area I've spent my adult life on. I think I'm entitled to form opinions which take precedent on that one area, for which I gave numerous scholarly examples, and that those DO take precedent over gut feelings.

I don't go telling rocket scientists how to do their job and I don't think it's fair for people to dismiss what I say on my one area of study when I'm citing genuine scholarship. You don't have the right to tell me about about that one area and if you do, I expect you to start turning up with articles, books, and scholarship to back up your position.

I can claim the high ground on something I've made a legitimate and serious study of. But I'm not claiming the high ground on everything.
Quote:
No. I'm not. You have no right or standing to question my superior knowledge of how stories work and yet you persist.

The amount of disrespect you're showing me is absolutely shocking. I deserve to be considered an authority, probably THE authority on these forums. I've worked my tail off for this, put everything on the line for this, and yet you evade intellectual arguments and attempts at scholarly discussion, grasping for counter-examples, each of which is wrong and yet you just come back with more.

You should absolutely lie down and totally concede.

There is no room for debate or discussion. This isn't a matter of opinion. This is about indisputable truth for which there is no room for discussion on the level you've chosen to have it. Since you refuse to elevate the discourse and you refuse to concede, I'm done with you.

Story structure is not a matter of opinion. It is my life's work and I will not be challenged lightly over it.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Good day, sir.
Quote:
Come back to me when you've borrowed six figures and spent 13 years of your life devoted to something and some person on a message board tells you that they're just as entitled to their opinion.

I'm entitled to have an ego because I've taken my knocks for what I have and I've got more work ahead of me, all so that I can squeak out a life barely above the poverty line and be respected in this one area. I've given everything to have to the right to be an authority and I'm done with people who won't respect that.
to me that is what exactly is sounds to me
Lt. Commander
# 128
04-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
to me that is what exactly is sounds to me
Please explain.

I am saying I am an expert on one field.

I'm not even saying I'm THE expert. I'm certainly not. But I am qualified on that ONE field above and beyond what a layperson is.

I'm saying I've devoted my life to one area and I expect scholarship if you're going to challenge me on my area of career expertise.
Lt. Commander
# 129
04-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Please explain.

I am saying I am an expert on one field.

I'm not even saying I'm THE expert. I'm certainly not. But I am qualified on that ONE field above and beyond what a layperson is.

I'm saying I've devoted my life to one area and I expect scholarship if you're going to challenge me on my area of career expertise.
I could say the same one ive have watch every star trek movie 100 + times ive seen every tv series 100+ times dose that make me all knowing on every thing trek nope
Lt. Commander
# 130
04-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
I could say the same one ive have watch every star trek movie 100 + times ive seen every tv series 100+ times dose that make me all knowing on every thing trek nope
I wasn't talking about Star Trek.
Closed Thread