Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 151
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Captain, no question in my mind
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 152
04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
And how about Emperor? And Master and Ruler of the Universe. But those can just be named "Chuck Norris".
1000 times this ^^^^^^^^^^^ I AM THE EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!! " from Emp Shaddam the 4th
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 153
04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
If you studied story as much as you say, then you should know if fiction has no consistent structure and at least a hint of realism, it is not good fiction. Roddenberry created a space navy and drew on real world events for his stories. He said even Uhura and Sulu characters were created from such. But you said you don't care about real world events. I guess you feel you are superior to Roddenberry as well?

And because how minorities in the real world were treated back then, when the Animated Series was being made, the creators tried to recast the VO actors for Uhura and Sulu. But Nimoy stepped in and said if they did that it would be against what Gene was trying to raise awareness for and he wouldn't have any part in it. So another aspect of a real world situation showing up in Star Trek. You know the IP this game is supposed to be based on.

Your actions in the forums has been rude and disrespectful to many people. Nothing gives you any more right to treat people with disrespect and rudeness than the next person. If you treat people right, they give it back to you. But I'd point any mod at your posting history to show you have been treating many with rudeness and disrespect. But the second someone asks you a simple little question, you don't respond in a respectful manner. You go on the attack and start disrespecting people.

But since you said in a previous post that you didn't do this poll to bring it to Cryptic's attention then the mods need to move it out of this area and bury it down in the other forum. Or just lock it down. The Admiral ship has sailed already. Cryptic won't even go back and just change the dialogue to say title instead of actual rank which would solve all the problems. In which case, I'd ask they add the title "CHUCK NORRIS" to the game. lol
also this ^^^^^^^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 154
04-12-2012, 10:49 AM
In rare occasions (for specially missions) President of Earth / President of Federation (of course equivalent for Klingon Empire).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 155
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Bottom line:

Okay.

I am a diagnosed autistic with a serious anxiety disorder and low maturity in some social settings. If that makes you happy to have noticed that I respond oddly under stress and that you have bullied me into a corner, so be it. If it makes you feel good to know that people showing mistrust or skepticism towards me gives me panic attacks and sends me into meltdown, so be it. I am not normal. I am fragile. You should assume strangers ARE fragile and treat them gently and with kindness.

I am also one class away from my Master's degree, I've spent 13 years studying story structure, I have a perfect SAT verbal, 90th percentile GRE, and a 144 IQ. I don't care if you believe me at this point. I don't think anything about that is extraordinary aside from the particular area of academic focus I've chosen and I suspect that describes most of these forums, most of whom I assume DO have high IQs and good SAT scores.
See, you have no credibility.

You’ve spent pages claiming to be the most superior intellectual poster of the forums. We have proven you lie.

You sir are a liar.


I do not doubt that you are a sad, lonely, pathetic, small person but the fact that you would claim to have a disease as an excuse to troll, lie, make outrageous demands and claim to be superior to everyone is crossing every line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I think pretty much all of that is probably pretty typical for these forums. Pretty much everything I described is what I would assume the typical STO poster is like. There's nothing extraordinary there that demands extraordinary proof.
I do not disagree, except that you attack these people with every post thereby making you a sad human who gets a rush from anonymously attacking people on the internet? Not this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Freely admitting that I am not psychologically normal (and you should approach people assuming they are fragile) and prone to panic attacks and extreme frustration. If you want to call it mental illness, feel free. I get by fine in terms of what I have to get done outside these forums. But you have no right to provoke the mentally ill or exploit people's psychological instabilities and vulnerabilities.
I do not for an instant doubt that you have serious problem. The solution, do not be a jerk on the internet. People will call you out when you lie, cheat, insult, and make ridiculous claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Maybe you didn't know. Maybe you are just insensitive.

I am telling you right now.
Maybe if you refrained from insulting everyone, they would not insult you. You claim that everyone needs to be treated as if they were honest. That is naive, however I encourage you to take on a far more simple concept- The golden rule.

“Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.”

I think you will find that if you apologise for lying, insulting, and verbally abusing everyone who disagrees with you, you may find that the majority will actually treat you like you treat them and that can be a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I have outlined my status. I have elaborated that you are causing me emotional and psychological distress.
Your status is irrevelant when compared to your conduct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I am a member of protected groups under the forum rules and under the law. Pursuing this further constitutes cyber-bullying, violates forum rules regarding protected groups, and raises issues regarding discrimination, which I will pursue to the full measure afforded to me.
I will assume by your blanket statement above about “everyone having SATs” that you are American and as such have heard of Law. As such you know the ignorance of your statement. We are all protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I do not feel I've been treated with kindness, sensitivity, or generosity, all of which should be due to strangers who are part of a community. I feel I've been greeted with skepticism and had my character and reputation called into question over my level of maturity, in spite of a lengthy history as a profoundly active and devoted community member. Maturity should not be a prerequisite for respect under these circumstances.
As I said above, you are being treated the way you treat others. If you truly want to be treated with kindness, sensitivity or generosity you need to treat others with that same kindness, sensitivity and generosity. If you feel you have been greeted with skepticism and been called out it is because you have been caught attacking your fellow community members. Your level of maturity has also been called out because of your conduct. The fact that you have been registered on the forum for a long time does not make you any better than anyone else.

Maturity is important on these forums and in real life. If you are going to make statements as an adult, you must be able to stand on your own two feet as a mature adult and not cry like a child.

If you have not figured out by now why so many people are upset with you and your posts perhaps you should not post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Show me some decency and respect or leave me alone but persist and I will consider any subsequent attacks to be discrimination and cyber-bullying, which I will forward to any relevant authorities.
Threatening me when you are in the wrong will do nothing.

As before, you seem to not understand that you created this situation. People are upset with you for genuine reasons. I will attempt in a very simple way to outline how we arrived here and how you can attempt to solve this with some self respect:

HOW WE ARRIVED HERE:
- After a history of verbally violent posts you created a survey on a subject to which you are biased.
- That survey has a maximum cap of 100 votes, cannot be seen by anyone but you.
- People point out that this is a very suspicious survey.
- You verbally assault anyone who disagrees with you while toting your superiority in all things across multiple threads no less.
- You are proven wrong and to have either intentionally having created a survey you could control the results to, or were negligent and reckless when creating it.
- After pages and pages of vitriol written attacks from you, you claim we are bad people because you have a disease but you are because of your disease allowed to insult people.
- We point to your record of lies or the fact that if you choose to attack people with such a cavalier attitude you cannot rely of excuses that may or may not be true.


HOW WE CAN SOLVE THIS (It’s easy!):

- Stop making excuses.
- Apologise and post no more.

HOW LEVIATHAN CAN PREVENT THIS IN THE FUTURE:

- Do not make outrageous claims that defy belief.
- Do not attack anyone who disagrees with you.
- Do not claim to be superior.
- Do not lie.
- IF ALL ELSE FAILS... JUST BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 156
04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Intelligence does not grant wisdom. In fact, it can hamper wisdom.

Logic is only as good as the starting premises. If you never question your own premises, you will end up with perfectly logical false conclusions.

Story structure is only as good as the content. Again, being an expert on story structure does not equate to being an expert on Admirals, or on anything other than story structure.

It does not mean you can write a brilliant story, merely a well constructed one. It doesn't even mean you can recognize a good story, merely a well constructed one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 157
04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus.Kalidor View Post
See, you have no credibility.

You’ve spent pages claiming to be the most superior intellectual poster of the forums. We have proven you lie.

You sir are a liar.


I do not doubt that you are a sad, lonely, pathetic, small person but the fact that you would claim to have a disease as an excuse to troll, lie, make outrageous demands and claim to be superior to everyone is crossing every line.



I do not disagree, except that you attack these people with every post thereby making you a sad human who gets a rush from anonymously attacking people on the internet? Not this time.



I do not for an instant doubt that you have serious problem. The solution, do not be a jerk on the internet. People will call you out when you lie, cheat, insult, and make ridiculous claims.



Maybe if you refrained from insulting everyone, they would not insult you. You claim that everyone needs to be treated as if they were honest. That is naive, however I encourage you to take on a far more simple concept- The golden rule.

“Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.”

I think you will find that if you apologise for lying, insulting, and verbally abusing everyone who disagrees with you, you may find that the majority will actually treat you like you treat them and that can be a good thing.



Your status is irrevelant when compared to your conduct.



I will assume by your blanket statement above about “everyone having SATs” that you are American and as such have heard of Law. As such you know the ignorance of your statement. We are all protected.



As I said above, you are being treated the way you treat others. If you truly want to be treated with kindness, sensitivity or generosity you need to treat others with that same kindness, sensitivity and generosity. If you feel you have been greeted with skepticism and been called out it is because you have been caught attacking your fellow community members. Your level of maturity has also been called out because of your conduct. The fact that you have been registered on the forum for a long time does not make you any better than anyone else.

Maturity is important on these forums and in real life. If you are going to make statements as an adult, you must be able to stand on your own two feet as a mature adult and not cry like a child.

If you have not figured out by now why so many people are upset with you and your posts perhaps you should not post.



Threatening me when you are in the wrong will do nothing.

As before, you seem to not understand that you created this situation. People are upset with you for genuine reasons. I will attempt in a very simple way to outline how we arrived here and how you can attempt to solve this with some self respect:

HOW WE ARRIVED HERE:
- After a history of verbally violent posts you created a survey on a subject to which you are biased.
- That survey has a maximum cap of 100 votes, cannot be seen by anyone but you.
- People point out that this is a very suspicious survey.
- You verbally assault anyone who disagrees with you while toting your superiority in all things across multiple threads no less.
- You are proven wrong and to have either intentionally having created a survey you could control the results to, or were negligent and reckless when creating it.
- After pages and pages of vitriol written attacks from you, you claim we are bad people because you have a disease but you are because of your disease allowed to insult people.
- We point to your record of lies or the fact that if you choose to attack people with such a cavalier attitude you cannot rely of excuses that may or may not be true.


HOW WE CAN SOLVE THIS (It’s easy!):

- Stop making excuses.
- Apologise and post no more.

HOW LEVIATHAN CAN PREVENT THIS IN THE FUTURE:

- Do not make outrageous claims that defy belief.
- Do not attack anyone who disagrees with you.
- Do not claim to be superior.
- Do not lie.
- IF ALL ELSE FAILS... JUST BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!
You have taken it too far, you are being extremely rude, and you need to stop. Regardless of the OP's nature, there is such a thing as taking it too far -- and you sir have done just that. Your immaturity in regards to handling this subject is saddening; being vitriolic and sophomoric does not help your case. Conduct yourself like an adult, please. If you feel someone has wronged you, address it in a mature and polite way. Show yourself above them. You have stooped to being the same, if not worse than him.

Please people, keep it civil. When someone treats you wrong, treat them right, and know that you are not like them. Treating them the same in turn shows that you're no better than they are. I'm a sucker for cliches, especially ones that are spot on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 158
04-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
You have taken it too far, you are being extremely rude, and you need to stop. Regardless of the OP's nature, there is such a thing as taking it too far -- and you sir have done just that. Your immaturity in regards to handling this subject is saddening; being vitriolic and sophomoric does not help your case. Conduct yourself like an adult, please. If you feel someone has wronged you, address it in a mature and polite way. Show yourself above them. You have stooped to being the same, if not worse than him.

Please people, keep it civil. When someone treats you wrong, treat them right, and know that you are not like them. Treating them the same in turn shows that you're no better than they are. I'm a sucker for cliches, especially ones that are spot on.
If a mentally challenged person commits a homicide, they certainly do not deserve to have a free pass. They are capable of committing murder and/or manslaughter. Yes, the mentally challenged have a partial defence due to their condition, but they do deserve to spend the rest of their lives in a mental hospital under close supervision so as to monitor, educate and prevent further death.

A rather extreme example but it is accurate in its truth that anyone can wrong someone... even those who are ill, disabled or lack the mental capacity to otherwise make a proper decision. Those guilty may not end up in prison but they will be treated.

Perhaps you can see my point. To do whatever one wants regardless of consequence and then to blame it on a mental disability is wrong.

If you can not, that is your opinion and you are free to it. Unlike the subject of my post, I will not claim to be superior to you for disagreeing with me. Nor will I belittle you for disagreeing with me.

That is an important difference.

My anger at this point stems not from the lies and insults but by blaming ones actions on a disability.

It is an insult to those who are genuinly mentally disabled. It is an insult to those related to those with mental disabilities. It is an insult to those who work with or volunteer their time to work with the genuinly mentally disabled. Or for that matter anyone, anywhere with any form of disibility.


EDIT- All lies aside, what disturbs me at the moment is that someone who claims to be the most superior being on the forums when proven wrong blames being disabled.

When I am wrong I would dare not blame a group/person/individual/race/people/religion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 159
04-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
If a mentally challenged person commits a murder, they certainly do not deserve to have a free pass. They are capable of committing murder and/or manslaughter. Yes, the mentally challenged have a partial defence due to their condition, but they do deserve to spend the rest of their lives in a mental hospital under close supervision so as to monitor, educate and prevent further death.
It doesn't matter, you're missing the point. This is not a court, you are not a judge. This is a public forum, he did *not* commit murder. At best, he was rude. In your analogy, you feel that it is then appropriate to kill him in response? Not because you need to, but in retaliation?

This is not a legal offense, someone being rude to you over the internet is barely an offense at all. The manner in which you've conducted yourself, is very, very poor. I'm not even factoring in that he could have a mental disability. You shouldn't treat a fully capable person like that -- regardless of how rude he is. Want me to be honest? I reread this entire thread (mostly) and you were the most rude person that I discovered. Leviathan was rude, don't get me wrong, but mostly this started because Storm was mistrustful. That's his choice, although it seems somewhat odd.

Being rude in return does *nothing*.

Quote:
A rather extreme example but it it accurate in its truth that anyone can wrong someone... even those who are ill, disabled or lack the mental capacity to otherwise make a proper decision. Those guilty may not end up in prision but they will be treated.
Who are you to judge him? You act as though it's your moral duty to respond. I tell you, in fact, your only moral duty is to *not* make the situation worse. You have worsened the situation horribly, with unnecessary personal attacks, you are just as guilty as him. Should I take it upon myself to visit righteous judgment upon you? Shall I now call you a liar, a moron etc. because you have done so to him? No, because that would worsen the situation. That does not help, and I am not a judge. It is not my place to punish you, it is not your place to punish him, and even if it were, is someone being rude online even worth responding to?

Quote:
Perhaps you can see my point. To do whatever one wants regardless of consequence and then to blame it on a mental disability is wrong.
I don't disagree with you; I disagree with your actions.

Quote:
If you can not, that is your opinion and you are free to it. Unlike the subject of my post, I will not claim to be superior to you for disagreeing with me. Nor will I belittle you for disagreeing with me.

That is an important difference.
Yet you belittle him, you make fun of him, you call him extremely rude names, you accuse him of lying. Tell me now, with honesty, is that the appropriate response?

Quote:
My anger at this point stems not from the lies and insults but by blaming ones actions on a disability.
To be completely frank, you were rude long before the disability thing. And being disabled is not something one can help. If you freak out when you're in a closet, and blame it on being claustrophobic... you're not in the wrong.

All I'm saying is, if someone is treating you wrong, leave it to the authorities to decide whether or not he's guilty and deserves punishment. It does not rest upon your shoulders to be his judge -- to punish his actions. If you find him rude, report his post. Being rude in return does not help you, it does not help him, it does not help those who he may have wronged, and it only makes the situation worse.

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."

And because I feel the need to add this, while I don't agree with Leviathan, he was treated rudely without reason in this thread. Storm then persisted with the "you're being defensive!!!" comments which served absolutely no purpose. Storm had no reason not to trust him, Leviathan has precious little to gain by falsifying a 100 person vote. Even if it were falsified, what would it accomplish?

Edit:
Quote:
All lies aside, what disturbs me at the moment is that someone who claims to be the most superior being on the forums when proven wrong blames being disabled.

When I am wrong I would dare not blame a group/person/individual/race/people/religion.
And that is wrong of him (unless he truly can't control it) but that does not justify a vitriolic response. When you're angry at someone, excuse yourself from their presence. It works in real life, and it's a *lot* easier to do online. Simply don't visit that thread again, report the incident, and rid yourself of the offender.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 160
04-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
It doesn't matter, you're missing the point. This is not a court, you are not a judge.
This is a public forum, he did *not* commit murder. At best, he was rude. In your analogy, you feel that it is then appropriate to kill him in response? Not because you need to, but in retaliation?

This is not a legal offense, someone being rude to you over the internet is barely an offense at all. The manner in which you've conducted yourself, is very, very poor. I'm not even factoring in that he could have a mental disability. You shouldn't treat a fully capable person like that -- regardless of how rude. Want me to be honest? I reread this entire thread (mostly) and you were the most rude person that I discovered. Leviathan was rude, don't get me wrong, but mostly this started because Storm was mistrustful. That's his choice, although ti seems somewhat odd.
Where did you see any attempt at a defence or legal statements?

It was an example. It just happened to be the first example that came to mind. Hence the statement that it was an extreme example. There is however nothing untrue about it.

I can provide a medical example also. I suppose that would be akin to internet surgery in your mind?

People can wrong people regardless of who/what/where/why/how. That is the point of the example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
Who are you to judge him? You act as though it's your moral duty to respond. I tell you, in fact, your only moral duty is to *not* make the situation worse. You have worsened the situation horribly, with unnecessary person attacks, you are just as guilty as him. Should I take it upon myself to visit righteous judgment upon you? Shall I now call you a liar, a moron etc. because you have done so to him? No, because that would worsen the situation. That does not help, and I am not a judge. It is not my place to punish you, it is not your place to punish him, and even if it were, is someone being rude online even worth responding to?
Seems like an ironic statement. You accuse me of things and in doing so become the same as you accuse.
I do not pretend to be anything nor do I claim to be anything.

This happens to be a subject I have an opinion of (the actual subject of ranks). I disagreed with the way it was/is being handled by the OP.

Unfortunately it arrived at this. However I make no claims to be anything, anyone or represent anything or anyone. That is the stark contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
I don't disagree with you; I disagree with your actions.
And I you. You post. I post. We dance and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
Yet you belittle him, you make fun of him, you call him extremely rude names, you accuse him of lying. Tell me now, with honesty, is that the appropriate response?
I disagree. I post disagreement. I feel suspicious. I post suspicion. I discover lies. I point them out. That’s what this topic started off as; a subject to which I have an opinion on. If it was a subject I could not care less about, chances are I would not even have read it let alone post. Did it degenerate? Certainly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
To be completely frank, you were rude long before the disability thing. And being disabled is not something one can help. If you freak out when you're in a closet, and blame it on being claustrophobic... you're not in the wrong.
You seem to be missing the point, again. Just because someone is disabled does not mean they are any less of a jerk than anyone else has the capability of being (like you and I as demonstrated by our own bantering).

The key difference being, you and I can be jerks to one another without coming up with excuses that insult not only the reader’s intelligence but the people that are being offered up as scapegoats i.e.- the disabled.

I take full responsibility for everything I have done, do and most certainly will do in the future. I make no effort to blame illness, injury, disability, disease, nature, nurture or what have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
All I'm saying is, if someone is treating you wrong, leave it to the authorities to decide whether or not he's guilty and deserves punishment. It does not rest upon your shoulders to be his judge -- to punish his actions. If you find him rude, report his post. Being rude in return does not help you, it does not help him, it does not help those who he may have wronged, and it only makes the situation worse.
I thought in your words this was not a court? My attempt at a tasteless joke, but I admit it is a tastless joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."
“To turn every it was into I wanted it thus; that alone do I call redemption.”

One of my favourites, and like most quotes, can take on countless meaning both in and out of context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
And because I feel the need to add this, while I don't agree with Leviathan, he was treated rudely without reason in this thread. Storm had no reason not to trust him, Leviathan has precious little to gain by falsifying a 100 person vote. Even if it were falsified, what would it accomplish?
See you’ve pinpointed where it went wrong; right from the beginning. I do not believe it started with Storm, but with an ill planned and ill executed concept.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 AM.