Lt. Commander
# 21
04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B3VKJVV

I had my assumptions called into question so I made a survey.

Please vote for what you think the maximum rank in Star Trek Online should be called. I'm not talking about a numeric change to the level cap, just the term you think should be used for max level players.
I voted in this survey, but I really don't think that surveys are any decent way to get a consensus of playerbase. Surveys are only representative of the people that participate in them, so they do not represent those that haven't seen it, or don't care enough to participate, no matter how large or small your sample size is.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
no matter what the out come is it still dose not represent the entire player base or half of it
Ah yes, the rallying cry of those whose opinions are not found to be in the majority, no matter how well representative the forums actually are.. (it's a biased sample!)
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
no matter what the out come is it still dose not represent the entire player base or half of it
Why? Because it's the forums?

Explain why.

The goal is not to perfectly represent the playerbase. It's to see what people on the forums who care enough to do a two click survey vote say.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
I voted for Captain.

And if they want a special rank at 60 it should be Fleet Captain. Although I could accept if Gold subs were promoted to Rear Admiral. I think they missed a great opportunity to fix the ranks with the F2P launch.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
I voted in this survey, but I really don't think that surveys are any decent way to get a consensus of playerbase. Surveys are only representative of the people that participate in them, so they do not represent those that haven't seen it, or don't care enough to participate, no matter how large or small your sample size is.
Exactly. Like elections. The majority shouldn't be the deciding factor. What SHOULD matter is the concensus of people who care enough to participate and how strongly they feel.

If a minority cares enough about something to be active about it and the majority is apathetic, then the minority opinion is what counts on that point.

That's how the world works and IMHO that's the ideal way for it to work.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Why? Because it's the forums?

Explain why.

The goal is not to perfectly represent the playerbase. It's to see what people on the forums who care enough to do a two click survey vote say.
some ppl don't care to come to a forums some ppl stay as far as they can because they can be drama at time's and yes because it a forums so if you was to ask the hole player base right now on your poll could say 500% for it should only be Capt. then if the hole player base had been asked that number could still be big or could be very low this I think this is kinda why cryptic stop don polls in the first place but I could be wrong I just think its wrong I should be forced to be a Capt. when I love being a admiral my childhood dream that was took from me by a dump truck the doctor had to amputate half of my left foot so killing my childhood dream because I never be able to complete basic training
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B3VKJVV

I had my assumptions called into question so I made a survey.

Please vote for what you think the maximum rank in Star Trek Online should be called. I'm not talking about a numeric change to the level cap, just the term you think should be used for max level players.
This one is easy: Captain should be the max level rank for players.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I voted for Captain.

And if they want a special rank at 60 it should be Fleet Captain. Although I could accept if Gold subs were promoted to Rear Admiral. I think they missed a great opportunity to fix the ranks with the F2P launch.
not a thing to fix not a bug its meant as it was intended for
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
The majority have, in no way, voted. A minority has voted, I'm guessing. About 30 votes is not a majority, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Dump them all and make everyone a captain rank... You can be a lvl 10 Captain. You can be a lvl 50 Captain...

A Lieutenant in charge of a star ship makes no sense..
you sir have no concept of how a navy works, there are a lot of lieutenants in charge of ships around the world, and as you rank your way up you either get better posisitons in better ships or take command of bigger slightly better ships.
Closed Thread