Lt. Commander
# 41
04-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Title should be selectable from the existing ranks listed, if you want to be a Captain, be one. If you like Admiral, you get to be one.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Given that numerous quest npc's refer to you as "Captain", even when you're a vice admiral, Captain should be the last level

UNTIL they add some kinda fleet ability to the game, which seems unlikely
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-10-2012, 01:50 AM
I don't care what Final Rank They put in the game...

I just wanna be able to set it so that my toon gets called CAPTAIN, by the NPC's.

And I wish the heck They would get rid of the Rear Admiral Lower-Half crap.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I don't care what Final Rank They put in the game...

I just wanna be able to set it so that my toon gets called CAPTAIN, by the NPC's.

And I wish the heck They would get rid of the Rear Admiral Lower-Half crap.
Apparently it's a legitimate ranking system for US navy admirals (RALH is 1 star, RAUH is 2 stars). So, there's at least some historical basis for it.

EDIT: Since 1981-1985, allegedly.
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-10-2012, 02:30 AM
I voted Vice Admiral, exactly the way it is now.

Why?

Because there is a much simpler solution in the form of a ''always call me -rank-'' option, companies like simple, thus they are much more likely to do that then to rework the entire ranking system.
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-10-2012, 02:47 AM
But we all know the USN got wiped out in the eugenics wars
so why use the losing sides system?
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-10-2012, 05:01 AM
I is disappointed because the poll does not include the option of maximum rank including "President of the Federation" or the equivalent there of in the Klingon Empire...

Also, my good friend Kiel'ndia says that she thinks that the title "Great Cosmic Turtle Upon Which The Entire Universe Sits" should also be included as the absolute highest ranking title that a person can achieve....

Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Dump them all and make everyone a captain rank... You can be a lvl 10 Captain. You can be a lvl 50 Captain...

A Lieutenant in charge of a star ship makes no sense..
Actually that depends entirely on whether the rest of the crew is of a lower rank than the Lieutenant. Additionally if memory serves the way that Star Trek Online (at least in the tutorial) explains it, is that your character receives a field commission of Captaincy, much the same way that the Cadet James T. Kirk received a field commission of Captaincy and was allowed to run the Star Ship Enterprise throughout the majority of the Star Trek 2009 Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996
I would have voted but the rank I think should be level cap is Commodore and that's not on there.
probably because Commodore = Rear Admiral, Lower & Upper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
But we all know the USN got wiped out in the eugenics wars
so why use the losing sides system?
Correct me if I am wrong, but Starfleet Command is based in San Francisco, which is in what is in our world the United States of America. Additionally the man who created Warp Drive Technology on Earth was a United States Citizen (even if the United States had been all but destroyed during the Eugenics Wars). Thus it to me, makes perfect sense that Starfleet would use the Naval Ranking System of the Nation in which Warp Drive Technology was first invented. At least that is my take on things.

TURTLES TO INFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta
I voted Vice Admiral, exactly the way it is now.

Why?

Because there is a much simpler solution in the form of a ''always call me -rank-'' option, companies like simple, thus they are much more likely to do that then to rework the entire ranking system.
If I can also pick what other players show up as. I want everyone to be Captains, I should have an option to make everyone Captain at least as far as my client is concerned.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Am I the only one who voted Ensign? I don't think this game teaches you enough about Starfleet or about command to ever really promote anyone past ensign.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Am I the only one who voted Ensign? I don't think this game teaches you enough about Starfleet or about command to ever really promote anyone past ensign.
I agree whit you ppl saying I shouldn't be a admiral well I don't think ppl should have a starship why you ask they are not ready I don't recall capt.s of the show crying because they didn't get a galaxy class starship
Closed Thread