Lt. Commander
# 1 "GQ" DOFF Compactor?
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Ok, so I had this idea, and discussed it with a few people via PM, and figured I'd post here to see what you all thought (and hopefully get (positive) feedback from Heretic )

The new Recruitment Officers allow 5:1 tradeouts for better DOFFs but, unless I am seriously mistaken, the new DOFF races are not possible to get that way. I for one, am greatly saddened when I use my GQ DOFFs (particularly Bajoran and Cardassian ones) in the DOFF Compactor knowing I have no chance at a GQ DOFF in return. I was hoping we could get Recruitment Officers on DS9 (one for Fed, one for KDF) that would give the new Species in return.

I know Heretic wants to keep the new DOFFs somewhat Rare, so I was thinking (and not even sure if it is a possibility with the database) that make species the required trait (some missions require specific Specializations, some require specific Traits) for the mission. You can sort by Species the same way you can sort by Specialization and Traits so I assume it is a database filter too and thus theoretically possible to use as a requirement. I would also think that if you are getting rid of 5 of the new DOFFs in exchange for 1 of the new DOFFs of a better quality it would still meet the qualification of making them significantly Rare.

What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Heretic posted the other day, that the current 5:1 missions will soon (As in an MMO "Soon") have a small chance to give the doff's with resolve.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanzir View Post
Heretic posted the other day, that the current 5:1 missions will soon (As in an MMO "Soon") have a small chance to give the doff's with resolve.
Are we talking Jem Ship chance? Ultra Rare from a Recruitment Cadre pack chance? Blue Borg from a run of Reclaim Borg Drones chance? If so, I'll keep my new DOFFs in the mail and just use my other DOFFs then. With this idea at least if you put GQ DOFFs in you know you get one back out (may not be a resolve DOFF but it is one of the new species). If I have a 1 in 10,000 chance of getting a resolve DOFF out I'm sure not going to be putting resolve doffs in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanzir View Post
To clarify, the new ones will be of the non-GQ species, but with Resolve. Gamma Quadrant species will still not be available through the Personnel Officer reassignments.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 12:22 PM
turning 5 resolve doffs into a single one should be a no-brainer
because people get rid of 4 opportunities to start missions that require resolve DOffs, and do NOT post their old resolve DOffs on the exchange but recycle them.

and that goes for the people who play the system *for free* just like for the people who buy the c-store booster packs.

also some people might be less angry if the don't get a purple doff from multiple C-Store packs.

PS: i still haven't found a way to get more Jem'Hadar DOffs on my Jem Hadar Winterbox-Ship
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Have you done Dominion Prisoner Exchanges?