Lt. Commander
Ok I'm an old returning vet to STO, been away for well over a year, so all this is new to me since the game is now free to play a LOT has changed. One thing I'm wondering - what are reward packs? I see the category on the Exchange and am not sure what they are? They look like C-Store items. Is this a way for people to buy C Store items off players for in game currency?

Forexample: - Reward Pack Sehlat Cat Cub, I OWN one from when I bought it on the C-Store a very long time ago. I see they sell for 100k or so on the Exchange.

Also I noticed that since I bought a pet which was the Sehlet cub, it's in my "Legacy Unllocks" Any idea why? I'm assuming it's because I bought it back when it was claimable on every character and not just one? Also see I can reclaim it if I lose the one I have, something that apparently you can't do if you were to b uy it now. Just wondering if that's why it's under a different category or not.

Thanks all!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Reward packs are basically C-Store / special items you mostly get from the Money-Scam Grab-Bags.

If it's an item you see in the C-store too (for example your selath), it's the exact same thing.

Legacy unlocks are items aquired before F2P went live, wich have since converted to pr-char purchases, or have been changed in a different way.
Basically certain items are not like they used to be, and to satisfy thoose of us who aquired thoose items as continious pr-account unlocks before F2P, so we can get an item again and again (For example the Tribble of borg), they've left them in as legacy unlocks.

Be happy they are there... otherwise you would not be able to reclaim thoose items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Reward packs are basically C-Store / special items you mostly get from the Money-Scam Grab-Bags.

If it's an item you see in the C-store too (for example your selath), it's the exact same thing.

Legacy unlocks are items aquired before F2P went live, wich have since converted to pr-char purchases, or have been changed in a different way.
Basically certain items are not like they used to be, and to satisfy thoose of us who aquired thoose items as continious pr-account unlocks before F2P, so we can get an item again and again (For example the Tribble of borg), they've left them in as legacy unlocks.

Be happy they are there... otherwise you would not be able to reclaim thoose items.
Thank You very much!