Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Step 1: /channel_join OrganizedPVP

Step 2: Ask to join an OPVP Pugmade or start one and ask for members to join.

Step 3: Ask for a vent or TS server to borrow on OPVP chat (Lots of friendly pvp fleets on there) and have all of your team-mates join the vent / TS server.

Step 4: Ask around for a premade to fight, if none is available, join the queues.

Step 5: Pew Pew Profit!

OPVP PUGMADES WORK!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 04:49 AM
I'll attest to this; I was in an OPVP pug-made with Aytanhi tonight, along with a friend from 12th Fleet and another from Sad Pandas. We went up against 1st Alpha Quadrant's pre-made twice and tore them to ribbons on both their federation & KDF toons. We hit up the queues as well and encountered the TOS Veterans' pre-made, had a fun little fight there as well. There was much fun and pew-pew all around.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 08:11 AM
not a bad idea.

but i wonder, when did making friends and growing together as a team go out of style?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Very, very true. But, I wonder how the opvp premade would do against tsi/pandas premade. I remember few weeks ago being part of a klink pug (not opvp), totally obliterating Borg syndicate. And then la familia (maybe with some new members, didn't recognize more than one name). But fact is the quality of game and the fight is much better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3theus View Post
Very, very true. But, I wonder how the opvp premade would do against tsi/pandas premade. I remember few weeks ago being part of a klink pug (not opvp), totally obliterating Borg syndicate. And then la familia (maybe with some new members, didn't recognize more than one name). But fact is the quality of game and the fight is much better.

It is a roll of the dice for a OPVP Pug having the optimal set-ups to really counter a premade.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
It is a roll of the dice for a OPVP Pug having the optimal set-ups to really counter a premade.
Exactly, it's most of the time a pug made with good players. Unless they call for specifics. But I'd rather play w Opvpers than a normal pug.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldoran
I'll attest to this; I was in an OPVP pug-made with Aytanhi tonight, along with a friend from 12th Fleet and another from Sad Pandas. We went up against 1st Alpha Quadrant's pre-made twice and tore them to ribbons on both their federation & KDF toons. We hit up the queues as well and encountered the TOS Veterans' pre-made, had a fun little fight there as well. There was much fun and pew-pew all around.
They work sometimes... Samething few nights ago panda/opvp people VS 1aq and 1aq won 5 times on kdf and fed... just depends whos on your team.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshimura
but i wonder, when did making friends and growing together as a team go out of style?
I'd say somewhere around 1997.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
I'd say somewhere around 1997.
On a Tuesday at around 3:58 pm EST.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-11-2012, 03:56 AM
hmm. yeah.